What's new

DST time zone changes end incorrect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

W1F1

New Around Here
I thought this was relevant given a lot of us will be turning our clocks back tonight. So I recently picked up a 86U and noticed when looking at the default DST time zone changes ends was set as follows: 10 month 2nd Sun Week & Days 2 hours. See below.

NTP-settings-off-by-2-weeks.JPG

However, it actually ends the first Sunday in November for at least the U.S.. More specifically, 11 month 1st Sun Week & Days 2 hours per the router notation. I initially thought well the firmware was 2 years old on the 86U when I got it so maybe that's why but even after upgrading it to the latest it was still set the same by default. In fact, checking my 68U post upgrade and then defaulted still showed the same thing. It's not a big deal but just something I noticed and presume most just correct when making their initial settings.

I thought this was relevant given a lot of us will be turning our clocks back tonight. So I recently picked up a 86U and noticed when looking at the default DST time zone changes ends was set as follows: 10 month 2nd Sun Week & Days 2 hours. See below.

View attachment 27313

However, it actually ends the first Sunday in November for at least the U.S.. More specifically, 11 month 1st Sun Week & Days 2 hours per the router notation. I initially thought well the firmware was 2 years old on the 86U when I got it so maybe that's why but even after upgrading it to the latest it was still set the same by default. In fact, checking my 68U post upgrade and then defaulted still showed the same thing. It's not a big deal but just something I noticed and presume most just correct when making their initial settings.
Been discussed many many many many times...

Been discussed many many many many times...
And yet still no change to the default? The policy was changed 15 years ago for the U.S. so there's been plenty of time to adjust the firmware unless its just not that important. No worries either way since it's basically a set it and forget it option.

Thanks for posting this reminder. Out of curiosity I checked my new(ish) AX3000 and it was fine for my TZ (Eastern US). Probably OK because I migrated my old config. Then I checked my older 68U which runs as a repeater (of guest wifi) and it was wrong. No big deal and it might of been wrong for over a year. I can't remember when I set it up. But I'm sure it had been factory reset - so my old manual change had been lost. Now I'm good.

Since the most common "fix" for almost any router malady is an M&M (cough, cough), there's probably a lot of routers out there where this has been overlooked.

View attachment 27313

I've never seen the discussions, thanks for the heads up. I run multiple AC68's as APs.

Never hurts to when you're trying to help folks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!