What's new

Dual AXE 16000 vs AXE16000 + AXE11000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

talisman2208

Occasional Visitor
Greetings!

I run an AXE16000 as my main router with an AXE11000 in Mesh mode or whatever it's called with Ethernet backhaul.

I just picked up another AXE16000 to install at my uncles place, but now I'm wondering if it would be a big step up for me to swap out that AXE11000 with the AXE16000.

Are these two significantly different? I can't find too much information about them. Would it it be a big step up? They're on two different floors of my house covering a wide range.

I don't have the answer to your question, but I would like to know what the differences are between the AXE11000 and the AXE16000. I compared the two on Asus's website but couldn't spot anything significant. Could someone enlighten us?

Thanks!

axe16000: quadband (2.4+5+5+6 GHz), 2.00 Ghz quadcore processor (second gen ax soc), 2 GB RAM, 2x 10 gbps ports
axe11000: triband (2.4+5+6 GHz), 1.8 GHz quadcore processor (first gen ax soc), 1 GB Ram, 1x 10 gbps port

Reactions: DdC
Are these two significantly different?

Yes. GT-AXE11000 is previous generation hardware with BCM4908 CPU and BCM43684 radios. Basically the same router as GT-AX11000. This router won't get Asuswrt 3.0.0.6 Pro firmware and the support will be shorter compared to newer generation hardware GT-AXE16000.

I have two of the GT-AXE16000s in a mesh configuration. Depending on the distance between the units, you can use the 6 GHz band for backhaul if you want to which significantly increases throughput. As I recall, the units default to the secondary 5 GHz band for the backhaul and this is fine as long as you don’t have a lot of streams going on the node at the same time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!