What's new

dual wan + client selection + vpn director

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dual wan will not be routed selective then.
What you could do is set up 2 VPNClients, route 1 over WAN1, and route the other over WAN2. using IP routing.

Pff so it is getting nowhere... I just don't get it. Then I thought ok let's make it a AP and then install openvpn on it. With a decent load balancer Infront.

But sure then there is no OpenVpn to select.....

@Ranger802004 how.. can you route a client and a VPN. If dual wan is loaded you can choose or client or VPN.
I use Dual WAN in failover mode and not load balancing however the way my script works for creating VPN Routes is by adding ip routes via dev of the tunnel adapter.

I use Dual WAN in failover mode and not load balancing however the way my script works for creating VPN Routes is by adding ip routes via dev of the tunnel adapter.
So you pay for a second line that is idleing.

I want to use it. That's why I bought the asus.

I work from home as a Federal contractor so I need some redundancy for connectivity. My Primary WAN is 1Gbps/1Gbps whereas my Secondary WAN is 100Mbps/5Mbps. I only pay $20/mo for the second so it is cheap insurance so I don’t have a lot of desire to use both in load balancing, even aggregated a single session is only going to use at most the bandwidth of one of your links.

I ended up where I begon, I installed tomato on a r7000 and made it a load balancer. Infront of the asus. All works, but what a crappy expensive dualwan router is this Asus. It's awesome for single wan. But don't advertise dualwan because it simply don't work.