What's new

Dual Wan wan 200 mbits optical fiber

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kingdaveone

New Around Here
Hello,
i m in France and we have optival fiber in some area, with 100mbits down and 50mbits up.
And we can have two isp on two fibers, so it could be 200 mbits down and 100mbits up.
So i m looking for a dual wan who could deliver all the speed with a network in gigabit.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,
i m in France and we have optival fiber in some area, with 100mbits down and 50mbits up.
And we can have two isp on two fibers, so it could be 200 mbits down and 100mbits up.
So i m looking for a dual wan who could deliver all the speed with a network in gigabit.

Thanks for your help.

GbE speeds are possible over just a single mode fiber. Running 2 seperate fiber to the same physical location for only 200Mbps/100Mbps wouldn't make sense...

http://www.xmission.com/connectivity#

1000Mbps symmetrical is offered thru my ISP for business accounts linked above but the cost is insane!;)

Instead, I am paying $45/month for the slower residential 100Mbps symmetrical speeds connected by a FTTH gateway. Don't see how a dual-wan router would interface on with seperate fiber gateways unless you are wanting to do this for redundancy purposes only since much higher speeds would be possible without the need for a second fiber connection?