What's new

Dual WAN with filtering

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dan_uk

New Around Here
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could advise me, I have just moved to an area without high speed fibre and now have two internet connections, one WiiMax with Vfast and ADSL with Sky.

I bought an Asus DSL AC68U for its dual WAN functionality. My aim is to get my NAS to connect via the ADSL (unlimited usage for downloads etc.) and the rest of my devices to use the Vfast (limited usage but better quality)

I selected the Load Balancing option and I am attempting to use the routing rules to force devices onto a specific WAN something like this:

Device (IP) 10.96.20.5 Destination = the router 10.96.20.01 WAN unit (I select with a drop down either Primary WAN or Secondary WAN)

I did test this and verified that my external IP on the device changed however it seems despite my routing rules the load balancing is overriding them and occasionally my NAS starts using the Vfast connection.

Does anyone have experience with a setup like this? Is there a device that might do a better job or is there way to get this working with the Asus? I am using the stock firmware on it.

Thanks,

Daniel