What's new

EA9200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrQQ

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

is there any reason why EA9200, and R8000 are so much worse in perf/atten graphs than, say, R7000?

All 3 pretty much track for 2.4 GHz up and downlink.

R7000 and R8000 track closely on 5 GHz up and down. Linksys is significantly lower. My guess is Linksys/QCA have some tuning to do in the new MU-MIMO chipset. The R7000 and 8000 use basically the same Broadcom radio.

Asked and answered re R7000 performance.

Every wireless environment is different. The only thing you can infer from the plots is RELATIVE performance in an environment that is very consistent and free of interference.

Yes, I understand that. What I meant to ask, is, say, I'm sitting now with my laptop. I would like to know what atten level i'm currently at. Is it possible?

Yes, I understand that. What I meant to ask, is, say, I'm sitting now with my laptop. I would like to know what atten level i'm currently at. Is it possible?
If you have an app or tool that shows RSSI, you can get a ROUGH idea of path loss by taking the difference between RSSI readings made at your location and right next to the router.

The lower the signal level gets, the more inaccurate the reading, in my experience.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!