What's new

Easy way to migrate from Asus RT-AX88U to Asus GT-AX6000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chrismsales

Occasional Visitor
Just purchased a new GT-AX6000 to replace a RT-AX88U for the main wifi router. The AX88U will then be moved to another location to use as a mesh setup. Question is if there is an easy way to export and import the settings from the AX88U to the new AX6000?

I only have a few DHCP's configured so it's not like the current router is a complicated setup, but was hoping this can be an easy swap for the new main router and then once everything is confirmed to be up and going correctly I could factory reset the AX88U to setup the Asus AiMesh system.

Thanks in advance.

I only have a few DHCP's configured

In this case just enter whatever you have there manually. Configure the new router the way you want with some temporary SSIDs, swap the routers, restore your SSIDs. If some clients refuse to connect - forget the network on the client and re-connect again. Transferring DHCP reservations is possible in SSH, but for a few reservations it may be faster to just type them in. Make a GUI screenshot from your old router.

In this case just enter whatever you have there manually. Configure the new router the way you want with some temporary SSIDs, swap the routers, restore your SSIDs. If some clients refuse to connect - forget the network on the client and re-connect again. Transferring DHCP reservations is possible in SSH, but for a few reservations it may be faster to just type them in. Make a GUI screenshot from your old router.
Thank you - figure this might be the case but wanted to check with the folks much smarter than me first. Thanks again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!