What's new

Echo Show Device - Ding Dong someone is at your front door with The Ring Doorbell

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
Anyone else had their Amazon Show randomly say Ding Dong someone is at your front door out of the blue when no one is there ?

It only happen to us twice but late at night :(

Is this a glitch or my network ?

Trying to prevent it. Does not happen a lot but still. I will be forced to switch otherwise.
I don’t think it is a delayed alert because no one was there hours ago either or even days ago.

Trying to get to the root cause of this.

Anyone else had their Amazon Show randomly say Ding Dong someone is at your front door out of the blue when no one is there ?

It only happen to us twice but late at night :(

Is this a glitch or my network ?

Trying to prevent it. Does not happen a lot but still. I will be forced to switch otherwise.
I don’t think it is a delayed alert because no one was there hours ago either or even days ago.

Trying to get to the root cause of this.

I would contact the Ding Dong's Support and ask them why their product/your account is sending you false alerts. And leave your network out of it until proven otherwise.

OE

I would contact the Ding Dong's Support and ask them why their product/your account is sending you false alerts. And leave your network out of it until proven otherwise.

OE

That is what I did and I am doing but wanted to make sure it can't happen with flakey home network or something.

That is what I did and I am doing but wanted to make sure it can't happen with flakey home network or something.

I doubt it. Is your network flaky?

OE

Yeah, my money is on some quirky IoT device/app/account behavior... and they have likely seen it before. Let us know what you find out... it's sort of funny, like kids on Halloween ringing doorbells and running off! :)

OE

Yeah, my money is on some quirky IoT device/app/account behavior... and they have likely seen it before. Let us know what you find out... it's sort of funny, like kids on Halloween ringing doorbells and running off! :)

OE

I agree.

Found out nothing so far just one reply from Ring support. Oh well.

They told me to let them know if it happens again lol.

Found out nothing so far just one reply from Ring support. Oh well.

They told me to let them know if it happens again lol.

ah HA! They're working on it! :)

OE

Old Thread but thought I would add our experience. When we first set up our Ring Doorbell (we have several other Ring cameras as well) we set the alert boundaries to avoid getting hits off of the street passersby. Somewhere along the line these boundaries went away and we needed to reset them. Also, we have noted that during rain/snow storms - headlights seem to trigger the alert (not a doorbell mind you - just a motion alert) at the door - have not found a way to avoid this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!