What's new

Eero pro 6 vs Asus xt8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

First time I've seen that attitude here.

Attitude is more common and accepted reply "user error, closed source, use search" or straight "nobody seems to care what you think about AiMesh".

What you see above is called a joke to a person I know and he sees it clearly. This person did more real-life equipment testing than most users around.

Last edited:
Sandwiching your attitude between your cookies doesn't change your attitude. We can see that you like to constantly complain and whine about ASUS. Surely you can trust your personal smear campaign against ASUS to stand on its own merits without dragging others into it.

OE

Express your own opinion only unless you are authorized to represent other forum members. Weak opinions are usually backed up by "strength in numbers" arguments like in your example above. I do appreciate the time and efforts spent in testing and sharing the results with the community. This is the real help and not the common "reboot, reset, try again" and "it works for me". I spotted issues with 388.1 wireless performance on AX86U around page 10 of the release thread. Around page 40 a suggestion to try a new test firmware arrived. Do you know how many people wasted their time after "reboot, reset, try again" advice? We can count. Asus wasted RMerlin's time as well with the GPL provided. Is 22068 better? No, it isn't - it makes AiMesh even worse. Do you know how many users reverted to previous release on many different models after wasting their time? I take user's side, not Asus side.

Express your own opinion only unless you are authorized to represent other forum members.

Agreed... trust your personal smear campaign against ASUS to stand on its own merits without dragging others into it.

OE

To be clear, I really like the Asus wifi router user interface and even better when running RMerlin firmware. It offers a plethora of user configurable settings, maybe too many.

Running in stand alone "mode" with it being the only wifi router on your network it does a decent job.
I need to find another way to manage a couple of IoT wifi devices in my outside office that necessitate using a wifi node. That would allow me to greatly simplify my setup.

I think I have found my new years resolution.... :D

Now returning to the topic the OP originally wanted to discuss. :)

If you find something not working well - pretend everything is fine. This will save you personal attacks.

Nobody is pretending everything is fine, just like nobody here has the attitude(s) you try to attribute to them for your own purposes, in jest or otherwise... trust your personal smear campaign against ASUS to stand on its own merits without dragging others into it.

OE

No need to share your opinion multiple times on the same page of the same thread. Are you satisfied or I need to call @thiggins to resolve your issue? There is no campaign and I didn’t use PhotoShop when reporting bugs in release threads. I’m not doing testing anymore so you can calm down. No need to spill more anger here for no reason.