What's new

Eero Pros system vs Asus RT-AC86U (AC2900)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

seanshankus

New Around Here
We building a new home and as part of the package it comes with the Eero Pro 3-node package. I've currently got the Asus RT-AC86U (AC2900) running AsusWRT-Merlin firmware. My question what is the best configuration? I know that the install company is going to try to sell me on their "protection services" at the same time I see subscription services which I'm not fond of. I think i should still run the Asus as my main router & entry point from my ISP and have the Eero system behind it mostly managing the WiFi. I'm not overly familiar with this Eero system, but being owned by Amazon and all these "services" have me concerned. What are my options and what are your suggestions?

I would use AC86U as router only and eero pro in bridge mode for Wi-Fi; eero pro is one of the best mesh systems with dedicated backhaul channel. Better than Asus AiMesh and you still have the option to use Asuswrt-Merlin firmware enhancements on your main router. Keep AC86U cool.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!