What's new

Entaware error after update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I managed to get it working in the end, editing my opkg.conf and changing to https. Seems to have fixed it.

The beauty of a VPS is that in case of a hardware failure, your virtual machine simply gets migrated to another server within the pool, keeping downtimes at a minimum (typically only a few minutes, depending on the size of the server).

That alone makes it worth paying a few extra bucks to get a VPS from a reliable provider (like Linode or Digital Ocean).

Just updated entware packages from AMTM 20 mins earlier, service is back up

If you're talking about entering that code using ssh that didn't do anything.
You’d have to have Entware installed to get it to talk to you.
Use amtm to install it.

No, use amtm to install Entware, that's the official and best way to set up Entware on Asuswrt-Merlin and it does it all for you. No need to use or consult an outdated install guide.

Ok. I think I'll just have to pass up Cake.

Thank you for your time

No, use amtm to install Entware, that's the official and best way to set up Entware on Asuswrt-Merlin and it does it all for you.

If you start from scratch and install Diversion, I think Entware is automatically installed in a right way as well. Right?

Anyway, can I re-install Entware? How? Because I still keep getting these errors every time when I check for updates with u in amtm. And I think there is something wrong with my Entware installation. All this started a few days ago when I had to start from scratch when my usb flash drive died? Or is my router dying too?:

Code:
Collected errors:
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/procps-~g-tkill.list: No such file or directory.
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/$opkg.list: No such file or directory.

amtm 3.1.7 FW by thelonelycoder
RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.17 @ 192.168.1.1
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

1 open Diversion v4.1.12
2 open Skynet v7.1.8

8 open nsrum v30.3.0

j1 open connmon v2.6.0
j3 open scMerlin v1.1.2

j5 open uiDivStats v2.1.0

Collected errors:
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/procps-~g-tkill.list: No such file or directory.
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/$opkg.list: No such file or directory.
ep manage Entware packages no upd

m menu amtm uu force update v3.1.7

Everything's up to date (Jun 22 2020 18:44)

The same Collected error lines are visible for a nanosecond if I update Entware from amtm (= ep -> 1. Update and upgrade Entware packages).

Anyway, these errors don't seem to affect any scripts or tools very badly. Or at least I won't notice any problems in addition to these error lines.

^ I formatted a brand new usb flash drive, created a 2 GB swap file and re-installed all the tools and scripts once again. Now, eventually, Entware shows no more "Collected errors".

And yes, I installed Diversion first, as suggested, because it automatically installs Entware and restores Diversion backups nicely too. Problem solved.

As I have some time on my hands I decided to Nuke my router and start from scratch. I cannot remember doing this since I got the device ages ago. Even updating Merlin via 'dirty flashes'. All is/was working well but just thought that I would take this opportunity to start from a clean slate and also upgrade my ageing USB stick to a new, faster one. Its a Patriot Supersonic Rage Elite.

Diversion is setup and working well. But I have a question. I am sure its been asked before, but a quick forum search didn't help me.

Where are the Whitelist entries stored?

TIA.

UPDATE: Senior moment. I posted this in the wrong thread. It was meant for Diversion.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Senior moment. I posted this in the wrong thread. It was meant for Diversion.

The sad thing is I find those moments are happening more and more to me!