What's new

Error WiFi, AX88U Pro, wlceventd, Disassociated due to inactivity

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Some people believe hiding the ssid makes the WiFi more secure. The fact is it makes wifi less secure - something about frequent beacons. Anyone?
Yep. Someone that knows what he's doing can find it easily. The devices on the other hand usually don't.

It has me desperate, that gives me problems the vacuum cleaner is the least of the problems, but I have the Alexa speakers crazy with disconnections, since you tell them a voice command and now responds to me that it has connection problems, it touches unplug and plug the speaker back in, but the worst is the work computer.

It's not comfortable to be like this, I'm going to ask for a refund, a shame, because it's a great equipment, but it works very badly.
It's not the equipment. It's your setting. How do you expect the devices to find the wifi if you're hiding it from them.

I have the Alexa speakers crazy with disconnections, since you tell them a voice command and now responds to me that it has connection problems, it touches unplug and plug the speaker back in,

They should include a watchdog task - if it hears the f-bomb, it automagically resets :D

It's not the equipment. It's your setting. How do you expect the devices to find the wifi if you're hiding it from them.
Well, it will be now that they do not see the wifi, and all these years ago they saw it without any problem. Curious.

Curious that the more than 36 devices are connected, and only a few give problems. The mobile is now connected... and the network is hidden.

Well, it will be now that they do not see the wifi, and all these years ago they saw it without any problem. Curious.

HIding the SSID or not shouldn't cause any problems...

There is no security benefit to hiding it - client stations will broadcast it anyways on probe requests, so someone with the appropriate technical skills can find the AP anyways - and that's the person that you're trying to hide the SSID from...

Same with MAC filtering - it's so easy to change the MAC address these days - the OS's do it themselves in the sake of privacy.

I want to believe it is a joke question, that a network is hidden or not, and can not connect computers.

This will then be super strange for you.... How can it be that it is hidden and connected at the same time
😅

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527-235539__01__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20230527-235539__01__01.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 83
HIding the SSID or not shouldn't cause any problems...

There is no security benefit to hiding it - client stations will broadcast it anyways on probe requests, so someone with the appropriate technical skills can find the AP anyways - and that's the person that you're trying to hide the SSID from...

Same with MAC filtering - it's so easy to change the MAC address these days - the OS's do it themselves in the sake of privacy.
As you say, nowadays neither MAC filtering nor hiding the network prevents attacks.

I hide it for other reasons, although I have MAC filtering, the good thing is that I live in an area that is hardly congested spectrum, I can choose several channels as there is no saturation except in 1 and 6, and 48 and 52. In that part very well.

About the connection problems, they do occur and I repeat again.... Only in some devices, not in all, I come from a Ubiquiti network in its entirety where these problems is the more than 1 year that I have had it, I have never given me any problem of connection (and with the hidden wifi network).

As you say, nowadays neither MAC filtering nor hiding the network prevents attacks.

I hide it for other reasons, although I have MAC filtering, the good thing is that I live in an area that is hardly congested spectrum, I can choose several channels as there is no saturation except in 1 and 6, and 48 and 52. In that part very well.

About the connection problems, they do occur and I repeat again.... Only in some devices, not in all, I come from a Ubiquiti network in its entirety where these problems is the more than 1 year that I have had it, I have never given me any problem of connection (and with the hidden wifi network).
Sounds like you don't want to even try making the change to see if it solves your issue, so I'll bow out of this thread. Good luck.

I repeat again.... Only in some devices, not in all
If only a some devices have a problem, and dozens are working properly, don't you think that the router is working ok, and the fault is on the side of only a few devices that are disconnecting?

If only a some devices have a problem, and dozens are working properly, don't you think that the router is working ok, and the fault is on the side of only a few devices that are disconnecting?
And they give me problems now with this router and not during all this time... not a single failure in the Alexa speakers to date and now they disconnect every few minutes, and the work laptop the same. It's a bit weird don't you think?

Yesterday I already had to put the one given by the operator, those same devices, now they don't disconnect.

And what do you say that Asus has recognized the problem, but either does not know how to solve or is not interested.

If you search Google with the same problem you will see that it is no longer now ... they are not my devices exclusively.

After many tests, restoring several times the AX88U, the devices that some users tell me will be the ones that fail, it turns out that they all work when I put the AX58U, not a single disconnection of any of those same devices that fail in the AX88U Pro.

Requested return of AX88U Pro, not even a week with it.

It hurts me, because it's a great piece of equipment, but the firmware is very green.

I have similar issues with devices being disconnected however I don't see it as a major issue. There are 5 cell phones that are around the house at any given time and as people come and go they disconnect. As for the other devices IOT stuff, am not bothered unless I am missing a major security issue.

Being disconnected for no reason is a problem.

I returned the equipment, they sent me another one, and it had the same problems.

In the end I kept the AX58U, 0 problems.

The AX88U Pro is a great device, but its firmware is still very unstable.

I have similar issues with Asus Router, had it with previous Asus Router too. But ONLY on one device, my chromebook tablet Google Pixel Slate, there are several forums complaining about this. My other devices work perfectly all the time. I also have trouble connecting my IoT devices to hidden SSID, I was forced to show SSID for those devices. My two cents.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!