What's new

Expected 5GHz performance on RT-AC1900P

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xcz739295

New Around Here
So I have owned an RT-AC1900P for a while now, and I was wondering what kind of 5GHz performance you guys are getting out of this router.

Reason I ask this is because I see a lot of posts and reviews of people with AC clients/routers getting ~400Mbps, while the most I've gotten is 220Mbps on desktop WiFi cards.

Other possibly important information: running 80MHz channel width and latest stock firmware. Trying Merlin yielded no performance gains.

Thanks!

Do you get the same speed using a wired connection?

How many antennas does your client have? What is the connection speed shown on the client device?

Do you get the same speed using a wired connection?

How many antennas does your client have? What is the connection speed shown on the client device?
1. I get much higher speeds (my full subscribed speed) over a wired connection.
2. The clients are 2x2 and show 866.7 link speed.

With my AX55, I get over 600mbit throughput in Iperf3 in close proximity (i.e. around 2-3 feet between router and AC client) at 5ghz 866.7mbit link speed. Through a wall and some furniture it drops to around 300mbit or so. So the speed is highly dependent on distance and obstacles, individual to each case.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!