What's new

[Experimental] WireGuard for HND platform (4.1.x kernels)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is there a way to have wireguard reliably cover ipv6 as well?
I started using it this time around and noticed if I don't use a browser-based socks proxy then there are leaks.
Edit: Specifically location leaks; not dns.

From the Wireguard homepage:
"Any combination of IPv4 and IPv6 can be used, for any of the fields. WireGuard is fully capable of encapsulating one inside the other if necessary."

This suggests to me you've got some re-configuration to do, OP. You, or possibly your VPN provider. Go to WireGuard.com, and scroll down to the CryptoKey Routing section.
If that doesn't fix things, you might need to reach out to the WireGuard team with your concerns.

One issue I had that that the Wireguard startup on router reboot was interfering with the process of getting a WAN IP from my ISP when booting up the router.
To solve this issue I just added a "sleep 20! command into the S50wireguard file.

Now everytime I need to reboot my router or in case of an power outage, when the router is starting up whe WireGuard script is having a 20 seconds delay from starting.
have you found a better solution to it? thanks. i have the same problem.

Sleep 30, 45...whatever it takes. 2-3 minutes to boot and get everything running as you’d like it only seems like forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, can't wireguard start on an ac86u?
Error:
ERR: bdmf_attrelem_add_as_buf#4250: ucast: status:No resources. attribute:ipv4_host_address_table index:0
??

Is there support for the non-HND models RT-AX56U/RT-AX58U running Kernel v4.1.52 ?

They are 32bit. So they need armv7sf-k2.6 or armv7sf-k3.2.
I don't have its build environment now.
OK, Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Odkrys, how do you run an update once installed? Do I have to remove wg first download the new files and do the tutorial all over again or there is an easier way? Thanks

Hi Odkrys, how do you run an update once installed? Do I have to remove wg first download the new files and do the tutorial all over again or there is an easier way? Thanks
wireguard-tools has configuration files and if the configuration files (in /opt/etc/wireguard) have been changed, they are saved as separate files. (e.g. wg-policy-opkg)
But the S50wireguard file should always be modified every time it is updated.

Whenever I update, I enter LocalIP and change the route rule to policy.
Is it difficult? hmm..

wireguard-tools has configuration files and if the configuration files (in /opt/etc/wireguard) have been changed, they are saved as separate files. (e.g. wg-policy-opkg)
But the S50wireguard file should always be modified every time it is updated.

Whenever I update, I enter LocalIP and change the route rule to policy.
Is it difficult? hmm..
Not at all. but I am asking for both files at the beginning of the thread. the Wireguard-Kernel and Wireguard Tools. they both update regularly so in order to keep them updated do I have to re-download them and reinstall them? I understand the part about about the S50wireguard file.
thanks again.

I noticed PIA VPN has wireguard in beta right now. Is this something we can start using from the instructions on the 1st page with PIA or it's too early?

I need help:
ac86u and ax88u are connected by wireguard (client/server).

from client:

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/1 works

AllowedIPs = 192.168.40.0/24 works but internet does not work.
I just want to connect the private networks with wireguard-vpn, the internet access should take place at the respective location ... split-tunneling: openvpn/redirect-gateway no

Last edited:
I need help:
ac86u and ax88u are connected by wireguard (client/server).

from client:

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/1 works

AllowedIPs = 192.168.40.0/24 works but internet does not work.
I just want to connect the private networks with wireguard-vpn, the internet access should take place at the respective location ... split-tunneling: openvpn/redirect-gateway no
you should edit the script in /opt/etc/wireguard to suit your situation.

sorry, but that's exactly where the problem lies: here is my conf:

[Interface]
PrivateKey = xxxxxxxxxx
#Address = 10.150.40.100/32
#DNS = 192.168.0.4
[Peer]
Endpoint = 192.168.0.4:51820
PublicKey = xxxxxxxxxx
AllowedIPs = 192.168.40.0/24, 192.168.0.0/24, 192.168.7.0/24, 192.168.130.0/24, 192.168.27.0/24
PersistentKeepalive = 25

As already reported, everything is OK with 0.0.0.0/1
upload_2020-4-9_19-34-6.png

Thanks, @Odkrys! Rock-stable Wireguard performance (as client in policy routing mode) on monthly test-drive. Love it.