What's new

[Experimental] WireGuard for HND platform (4.1.x kernels)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it possible to run wireguard both as server and client?
Currently it runs amazing as a client, but still using ovpn for clients to reach the router.

I managed to get each running separately, but I can't get them to run properly together.
If I run S50wireguard-server with S50wireguard, I get the module error mentioned previously, and only the instance that was last loaded will work properly.
My intent is to have both a server and client running, and ideally to be able to proxy the server's traffic through the client as well so remote devices have access to the home LAN & VPN (although right now I'd be happy just for the client and server to run concurrently)

Here's my S50wireguard-server and S50wireguard configs if those help at all.

Edit: This is based on the 20190406 build.
I'm currently using "policy" for the client, but the results were the same when using "default".

Can anyone please explain on where/how to get the latest ipk files for the 20190406 release of WireGuard for Entware?

Can anyone please explain on where/how to get the latest ipk files for the 20190406 release of WireGuard for Entware?

To answer my own question. It's in the link of the first post to the Google Drive (which got updated and now reflects the most recent version of WireGuard). Thanks for that!

Looks abit complicated in installing wireguard. I guess this must be done with ssh via telnet, putty.

Can I just install it with the current latest version installed.

Maybe I can practice on the 68u before I do the 86u.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Looks abit complicated in installing wireguard. I guess this must be done with ssh via telnet, putty.

Practicing on the AC68U isn't possible as this router cannot run the WireGuard vpn. Apparenlty only the AC86U is capable of doing this as this is the only router that has the required version of the Linux kernel.

bump for sheer awesomeness and to say two things; i don't think @Odkrys spelled it out quite clearly enough:

Wireguard does not endorse using TunSafe.

And the bossman himself said they have a functional windows client very nearly about to go live, so be patient.

Can anyone please tell me how to make sure this doesn't autostart?
I still need to get policy routing in place and currently this collides with the openvpn setup.

Thanks in advance.

Can also install through entware if you’re running any of the scripts that require it on the Merlin side of things, but yes, SSH/Putty is a common denominator.
Cloudflare is also working on integrating WireGuard into their DNS servers for true privacy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wireguard does not endorse using TunSafe.

Hehe -- from the Web Site

Fresh free TunSafe VPN servers added in Netherlands, Germany & Canada.
Better so the Five Eye's can monitor your traffic at the other end...

OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, WG, even PPTP - if you don't control both end points, it's not private, simply put.

Commercial VPN providers concentrate traffic, and make it even easier to monitor things compared to ISP's running bareback without VPN.

Hehe -- from the Web Site

Fresh free TunSafe VPN servers added in Netherlands, Germany & Canada.
Better so the Five Eye's can monitor your traffic at the other end...

OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, WG, even PPTP - if you don't control both end points, it's not private, simply put.

Commercial VPN providers concentrate traffic, and make it even easier to monitor things compared to ISP's running bareback without VPN.

In this particular case, they are distributing wg compatible endpoint binaries on most platforms... beating Wireguard to the punch on Windows. Fortunately, the wg alpha is out now and is improving rapidly. basically has gone up 2 minor versions in 2 days. Looks really good already, but still very alpha. It has a functional auto-update feature, so probably best kill and re-run it once daily for a while, even if you aren't using it.

I’m quite happy to see WireGuard to be gaining traction. This combined with DoT integration in Merlin’s firmware will make me a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running Wireguard server on Merlin 384.10_2 have try to update to 384.11_2 could not fireup wireguard. Is there a way to do this without reinstalling wireguard? Thanks