What's new

Fairly new to mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASUS Republic of Gamers Rapture GT-AX6000 Wireless Dual-Band 2.5G Gaming Router (EVA Edition)- Purple/Green

If you don't care about the color, buy the cheapest GT-AX6000 "variant" you can find.

OE

Yes, colors are not variants of a model (internal hardware changes would be). It's just bling for its own sake.

Last edited:
The new Asus GT-AX6000 arrives tomorrow. I ahve a 5,000 square foot house on 2 levels and 4 AX82U's spread out thrughout the house. 14 cameras indoor and outdoor, Firestick 4k's, Apple TV 4K, laptop with Killer WIFI 6 card, 2 Samsung S21 with WIFI 6, etc..... I'm on a mesh right now. I'm going to try the AX6000 with the 4 AX82U's in mesh first since many of the cameras and CAT5/CAT6 and POE into those AX82U's. Any insight on how to optimize the GT-AX6000? Or does ASUS have it down where the auto optimize works well? (Picking Channels, etc..)

The new Asus GT-AX6000 arrives tomorrow. I ahve a 5,000 square foot house on 2 levels and 4 AX82U's spread out thrughout the house. 14 cameras indoor and outdoor, Firestick 4k's, Apple TV 4K, laptop with Killer WIFI 6 card, 2 Samsung S21 with WIFI 6, etc..... I'm on a mesh right now. I'm going to try the AX6000 with the 4 AX82U's in mesh first since many of the cameras and CAT5/CAT6 and POE into those AX82U's. Any insight on how to optimize the GT-AX6000? Or does ASUS have it down where the auto optimize works well? (Picking Channels, etc..)

You can start with the default configuration.

A good start is to install the current firmware, reset that firmware to its default settings, and then configure it from scratch. My install notes outline the basics and a bare configuration... they are my notes, not a tutorial, but they cover a lot of basics for anyone putting in the time to learn how to manage their own network.

OE

You would be better having your cameras on the 2.4ghz band as this has the longest range. This leaves the 5ghz band free for your main devices that will benefit from increased speeds.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!