What's new

Feature Request -- Cool idea

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Robert Giuffre

Occasional Visitor
I have 2 identical Asus RT-AC3100 routers. When I go to log into the router, it just says:

Sign In
RT-AC3100
Sign in with your ASUS router account

I am never sure which router I am logging into unless I check the IP address in the browser.

I think it would be a cool idea to put the router's name on the main login screen, instead of just the model #.
I know it's a feature request, but for people like me with multiple, identical routers, it would make it easier to identify which router.
It might be a security risk by adding the name, so maybe make it an option that can be turned on or off in the settings.

Thoughts?

Thank you for all of your hard work providing these alternate versions of the router software!

Robert Giuffre

Attachments

• Asus Login.png
    Asus Login.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 63
Yes, signing into the IP address you expect is the correct way to do it.

Never been an issue, and it's the method with no guessing.

Assign a different hostname to each of them, and use that to connect.

I am never sure which router I am logging into unless I check the IP address in the browser.
As RMerlin suggests, use the router's Host Name as the URL (example: http://router-1/). Change router's Host Name to what ever Host Name you want to distinguish each router. One sets the Host Name on the LAN > LAN IP page. Example:

HostName.jpg

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!