What's new

[Feature Request] Schedule DoS Protection state and/or whitelist option

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Quirken

New Around Here
Request: DoS Protection interferes with Cloudflare; I would like to either be able to whitelist Cloudflare's IP ranges OR be able to schedule the DoS Protection to turn on/off at specific times.

Background: I have symmetric gigabit internet and host a D&D game periodically. I've tried various hosted providers, but they don't dedicate enough bandwidth and there were constant issues. So, I decided to self-host, and set up Cloudflare as a proxy to keep my IP hidden. When my friends hit my router directly, everything is fine. However, through Cloudflare, I get a ton of 522 errors due to the DoS Protection feature being enabled. Ideally, I'd be able to tell the router that Cloudflare IP ranges are fine, but I suspect that the DoS Protection feature is closed-source. As an alternative, if I could say "Mondays from 5pm through 11pm, disable DoS Protection, then turn back on at 11pm," I'd be able to split the difference without having to go into my router config twice for every session.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!