What's new

Feature Request - View List for LAN Connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gerald Boutin

Occasional Visitor
I wonder if it is possible to have "View List" also show "Access Time" for LAN connections in addition to Wifi connections?

I love the convenience of wifi, but some devices are just not happy on wifi and those are the ones I would also like to know how long they have been connected for.

I wonder if it is possible to have "View List" also show "Access Time" for LAN connections in addition to Wifi connections?

I love the convenience of wifi, but some devices are just not happy on wifi and those are the ones I would also like to know how long they have been connected for.
I doubt it. The concept of a connection time doesn't exist for LAN connections. Wireless connections are different because they have to associate and maintain an authorised connection to the access point.

Colin,

Thanks,

That may be true, but clearly the software is aware of when the connection comes up as that is when it shows up on the list in the first place.

Maybe something could be done, but it's actually an academic question with regards to Merlin's firmware. You're talking about the Network Map code which is a closed source component that only Asus can modify. You'd need to request the change from Asus directly.

Colin,

Thanks,

That may be true, but clearly the software is aware of when the connection comes up as that is when it shows up on the list in the first place.

That would still be meaningless. Yes, it can tell the first time it sees a packet from a given MAC. But a) that doesn't mean it just got connected, it might simply have been doing no network transfer until now, and b) the router has no idea if the client is still there or not after that.

That would still be meaningless. Yes, it can tell the first time it sees a packet from a given MAC. But a) that doesn't mean it just got connected, it might simply have been doing no network transfer until now, and b) the router has no idea if the client is still there or not after that.

All I was looking for was how long it has been since the last time the client showed up on the List. That would tell me when the device came online.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!