What's new

Few Questions.....just bought a WRT1900AC V1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MatrixGeeker

Regular Contributor
So i just bought a WRT1900ac v1 brand new for $20. It might be V2, it does have a small fan on the top. I had a ASUS68U with entware running with adblock and other stuff before I bought this WRT

So my questions are what is the best/stable open software to install on this router (I'm hoping to run ddwrt) and can my usb with entware still run if I just plug the USB into my new WRT1900ac router on stock firmware or will i have to use 3rd party open software?

Thanks

DD-WRT has been reported to work well with the ACv1 - Kong's build...

If it has a fan it's V1. The V2 WRT1900AC was actually the ACS, which had no fan.

If it has a fan it's V1. The V2 WRT1900AC was actually the ACS, which had no fan.

The V2 and ACS share the same board, but the firmware is not compatible across the two - the WiFi calibration are handled differently, so flashing ACS firmware onto a ACv2 can result in unexpected issues, like serious WiFi performance degradation.

Just as a heads up - the V1 has a unique chip in the Linksys WRT1200/1900/3200 family - it's Armada XP, which is different than the Armada 38x series in the other WRT's...

If it's a WRT1900ACv2 - it'll say it on the label on the bottom of the router...

The V2 and ACS share the same board, but the firmware is not compatible across the two - the WiFi calibration are handled differently, so flashing ACS firmware onto a ACv2 can result in unexpected issues, like serious WiFi performance degradatioN
Just as a heads up - the V1 has a unique chip in the Linksys WRT1200/1900/3200 family - it's Armada XP, which is different than the Armada 38x series in the other WRT's...

If it's a WRT1900ACv2 - it'll say it on the label on the bottom of the router...

It's a V1 and I'm loving this router with ddwrt.