What's new

Firefox DoH and DoT?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Auto will only do something if DNS Privacy or DNS Filter is enabled. Use Yes in case you aren't using either feature at the moment.

Despite this distasteful DoH move by Mozilla, I still prefer Firefox on the desktop.

My firefox proxy settings are set to "use system proxy". Does this affect the auto turn on of DoH when I have it turned off?
There are also some "doh-rollout-*" parameters that look fishy in the configuration and may need turned off, but not sure which or what.
A search of the merlin board didn't turn up much, mostly unbound posts. Maybe I should implement unbound? Will it play with my other toys?
I had been counting on the router taking care of it, but if I can get it stopped, then I don't see much alternative but to switch browsers.

RT-AC86U w/ 384.17, RT-AC68U Aimesh node w/ same, Diversion, UiDivstats, Skynet, AiProtection, DoT, Scribe, UiScribe, Connmon, SpdMerlin, ScMerlin, Nsrum, NtpMerlin