What's new

FireStick Amazon No WiFi Connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dcpa76

New Around Here
I am checking to see if I could get some guidance on getting Amazon Firesticks to connect to Asus Merlin code routers. I have both RT-AC5300 & GT-AX1100-PRO running merlin code & tried Asus code for testing, unfortunately I am unable to get any amazon Fire streaming device to connect to WiFi. No Mac filtering & mac filtering w/ whitelisted mac but still refuse to connect to WiFI only on Asus routers, all others good to go but of course the alternate routers are old units. Sticks are current on software, Asus are both current of firmware but still no go. Checking if anyone else is or currently has this problem / potential fix. Thanks in advance.

I have reset / cleared firestick to factory as additional test / no go either. NO other devices have issues connecting to these units.

I run 3 Firesticks, 2 are the MAX and 1 is the 4K. I have never had an issue with any Asus or for that matter, any wifi router being able to connect.

Common problem historically with Amazon Firesticks is US spec devices being sold into the EU. Hopefully, that's all the issue is, as the fix is to disable the 2.4GHz Wifi from using channels 12 & 13 on the router (a single checkbox change).

Common problem historically with Amazon Firesticks is US spec devices being sold into the EU. Hopefully, that's all the issue is, as the fix is to disable the 2.4GHz Wifi from using channels 12 & 13 on the router (a single checkbox change).
I had the same problem with my old FireStick in the UK.

If you are using the 5 GHz band, check to see if you have the DFS channels disabled. I've had problems in the past with the FireTVSticks connecting to Wi-Fi in those situations. Also check that you don't have 160 MHz enabled.