What's new

firewall-start question/help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zero65

New Around Here
1st of all want to say great firmware! I am using 3.0.0.4.374.37_1-sdk5-oldusb and all is good. I am trying to lock down my network a bit more but can't figure what I am doing wrong.

created firewall-start and it runs... with following:

#!/bin/sh
#############
# Firewalling
#############
iptables -A FORWARD -p ALL -i br0 -o eth0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.2.2-192.168.2.111 -j DROP

When I do iptables -L and iptables-save c I can see that my entry gets added. However if change my pc ipaddress to any of these ip addresses say 192.168.2.3 none of my access is restricted. I have looked at iptables man and it looks correct. I just cant quite see what I did wrong. Any help will be appreciated!

Thx

1st of all want to say great firmware! I am using 3.0.0.4.374.37_1-sdk5-oldusb and all is good. I am trying to lock down my network a bit more but can't figure what I am doing wrong.

created firewall-start and it runs... with following:

#!/bin/sh
#############
# Firewalling
#############
iptables -A FORWARD -p ALL -i br0 -o eth0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.2.2-192.168.2.111 -j DROP

When I do iptables -L and iptables-save c I can see that my entry gets added. However if change my pc ipaddress to any of these ip addresses say 192.168.2.3 none of my access is restricted. I have looked at iptables man and it looks correct. I just cant quite see what I did wrong. Any help will be appreciated!

Thx

You are appending the rule, which probably means your traffic got allowed in by a previous rule.

Try using -I instead of -A, so it will be inserted at the top of the chain.