What's new

Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_41535 AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shoman94

Regular Contributor
I just installed this firmware and noticed a change in the LAG setting. There is a bonding policy that adds an option to select a type.....
SOURCE
DESTINATION

Anyone know the difference?

Last edited:
Does hovering above the options give any hints?

I would guess that DEFAULT is what should be used.

SOURCE would be LAGG setting from the router to another device.

DESTINATION would be LAGG setting to the router from another device.

But of course, those are all just guesses so they could be 180 degrees upside down too (depending on what perspective the Asus developers look at it from).

Yea no clue. My Netgear managed switch has source\destination to either Mac led or IP led. I never heard of source OR destination.

No there is no hint in the new setting.

I just rolled back to 631 because this firmware caused Xfinity to disable my cable modem, Netgear CM500, and no matter how many times they tried resetting it my internet was down until I went back to the older firmware. You have been warned!

I just rolled back to 631 because this firmware caused Xfinity to disable my cable modem, Netgear CM500, and no matter how many times they tried resetting it my internet was down until I went back to the older firmware. You have been warned!
Honestly that makes no sense to me. I'm a Spectrum technician though so I don't know what Xfinity's checks and balances are.

For me this firmware has been solid and the UI is working better without the normal lockouts that require a reboot so far.

I still haven't been able to find any info on the Bonding policy choices... Default vs Source vs Destination. I have bonding setup between my Router and Netgear Pro switch so its not to any specific IP. Currently the my Netgear is set to LACP and HASH Mode set to 2 Src/Dest IP and TCP/UDP Port Fields .

Obviously I just want to find the best settings for my environment. Everything is working currently.... just looking for an understanding of the settings.

In the end Xfinity pushed a software update on my modem after I rolled back the firmware and all is good now. I will not try that firmware again. Just as soon as it tried to connect Xfinity threw up a walled garden and it was downhill from there.

....... And no one knows.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!