What's new

Firmware download link for ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CHPO

New Around Here
Hi,
I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
I have bought and connected up two second hand ASUS ZenWiFI AX(XT8) nodes.
They are working fine but the firmware needs an upgrade.

I have found the following link to download the firmware:

The problem is that the AX(XT8) model is not listed so I do not know where to download the firmware from. Maybe I need to choose a different model which is compatible.

Can someone please let me have the correct download link or tell me which alternate model to choose for a compatible firmware.

Thank you.

be careful you download the RT-AX95Q_3004_388.5_0-gnuton1_puresqubi.w and not RT-AXE95Q_3004_388.5_0-gnuton1_puresqubi.w as this will install but present some oddities - ie showing constantly that firmware out of date - one of my doh!!!! moments.

In case you are looking for Asuswrt-Merlin firmware:

Only hardware revision V1 is supported and the information/download page is here:

This model is supported by @GNUton. Current stable release is 3004.388.5_0-gnuton1.
Thanks very much Tech9.
The link does not list the AX(XT8) model but garysteel's reply tells me which model to use i.e. RT-AX95Q.

be careful you download the RT-AX95Q_3004_388.5_0-gnuton1_puresqubi.w and not RT-AXE95Q_3004_388.5_0-gnuton1_puresqubi.w as this will install but present some oddities - ie showing constantly that firmware out of date - one of my doh!!!! moments.
Thank you very much for identifying which model I need to use download the firmware.
None of my searches I made said that I need to use model RT-AX95Q to download the firmware.
I will be upgrading over the weekend.

None of my searches I made said that I need to use model RT-AX95Q to download the firmware.

I was thinking it's obvious, but perhaps @GNUton has to leave XT8 only as model number to avoid further confusion.

1708648522521.png

I was thinking it's obvious, but perhaps @GNUton has to leave XT8 only as model number to avoid further confusion.
The firmware image is named RT-AX95Q, because that's the model name used by the build profile. There's no XT8 build profile.

From developers point of view perhaps correct. The firmware build is for users though and most don't know what RT-AX95Q is. Renaming the firmware file may help.

Anyone who is looking to flash a third-party firmware needs to do some homework.

The current method is the most accurate. Anything else will create more confusion and perhaps more bricked routers (not less).