What's new

Firmware Update (Check)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zoulas

Occasional Visitor
Just bought this unit and I am still learning it. It came with .260 firmware. One issue I saw immediately is when you go to Administration, Firmware update, Check--it comes back with the router has the latest firmware. Yet I went to the asus web site and download and manually installed the .266 firmware.

Anyone else encounter this? Where the check firmware button does not seem to find new firmware even if there is newer firmware?

Thanks, Aristotle.

I had the same issue. Before Asus released the source for .266 (so RMerlin couldn't rebase), I noticed that it didn't show up in the update, but I could manually download the binaries and install them. In the future, if you are interested in RMerlin's excellent work, you will have to download his firmware manually anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yup, totally agree. Saw same issue, manually loaded 266. Then.... I discovered Merlin! :cool: Never looked back... :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!