What's new

Firmware Update - RV340 Version 1.0.03.22

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jasonreg

Regular Contributor
Released 4 Aug, 2021. Release notes do not look like they have been updated so I cannot see what has changed.

Last edited:
You guys are lucky that run the Cisco RV340 routers. You will not see any other vender on this site that will have support at this level.
And think about how many years you have enjoyed this level of support. Yea Cisco.

So, I did a write erase on my RV340 router, completely wipes the configs, with the latest firmware and I am going to have to make a change to my network. The network, VLAN I use for all my network devices I can no longer make a static route for it so it can have internet access. I am going to have to turn it into a management VLAN with no internet access. All my other networks are routing to the internet fine. It won't take the setup in the GUI and let me save it. I guess it's no big deal as I should have set it up that way in the beginning.

I am thinking Cisco fixed the VLAN1 settings in the RV340 router so I can't have 2 VLAN1s. I did not define any VLAN on the RV340 router when I linked it to my L3 switch. My VLAN1 was defined on my L3 switch as a inside network. Now I think the RV340 router is using VLAN1 as its default VLAN so I can't have it defined in 2 locations with 2 different networks. This may add another level of security to my network as I have 2 VLAN1s now with 2 different networks. My L3 switch knows VLAN1 as 1 network and my RV340 router knows it as a different network.

Last edited:
Maybe nobody listed it as a problem so they may not even know they fixed it. I was taking advantage of it. I could just change my VLAN1 to VLAN5 on my L3 switch so my L3 switch knows that VLAN1 is now on the router.
PS
My guess would be on this
CSCvw95017 Cisco Small Business RV Series Routers Link Layer Discovery Protocol Vulnerabilities
CSCvs61566 RV34x: Router ignores static route if it is part of a connected network

Last edited:
I just upgraded manually and per the release notes instructions reset to default and manually entered every setting.

I looked closer at the release notes and every version has this boilerplate wording:

The most common configurations on the older releases are supported on the new
version and can be kept after upgrading. However, we recommend that you reset
your device to use the default settings when you upgrade to this version and
reconfigure your device as there are many new features and changes on this
version.
So I question if it's truly necessary. For each upgrade.

Not related to this new firmware version: I'm wondering if anyone else sees odd things happening with Dynamic DNS? I've been using dnsomatic and note an odd status in the list in WAN > Dynamic DNS. The value under the status shows disabled. It showed disabled in the last two firmware versions.

Even more confusing when I login to dnsomatic.com I notice the status on the three services I have configured are mixed up, afraid.org says 'waiting for first update' and has been that way for 10 months. NO-ip shows a date (last update) of six months ago yet when I login yet noip.com it is updated, and opendns is also waiting for a first update. However openDNS is dnsomatic. I'm confused on all this.

Last edited: