What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@dave14305 , don't worry I'm still here, I tried cake wasn't too sure if it was working, the software is to Alpha even for me someone who jumps on Alpha firmware always, so I'll be sticking to you like glue for a long while yet.
Same here @dave14305, can't get rid of me just yet, although I do love cake....just not CAKE. ;)

@dave14305 Is it possible for future releases, in tracked connections, to be able to choose an application and that filter to still be applied when coming back to the flexqos tab?
It's really annoying, though probably of little importance, having the data refresh disabled due to having too many tracked connections. Having to go down and select the filter you wish to apply.
I know it it's not the end of the world, but it's just a suggestion for the future.
I can appreciate and relate to this request @dave14305 . I have an Rpi on my network that is part of ntp.pool.org. As you can imagine, I have lots of port 123 connections.
Being able to save the filter would be nice. As @ReDeiRe said, not the end of the world but a good suggestion.
I think I have a working prototype for this. It’s cookie-based, so it doesn’t follow you between browsers. Will push it to the develop branch in a couple days.

Cookies or Cake? Mmmm...

I think I have a working prototype for this. It’s cookie-based, so it doesn’t follow you between browsers. Will push it to the develop branch in a couple days.

Cookies or Cake? Mmmm...
Probably want to make it optional for people that won't want to refresh and have the last filter still there!

A few additional notes for developers:
  • dual-dsthost/dual-srchost was used instead of the default triple-isolate, as this should in theory provide better traffic management when multiple hosts are using the Internet at once

@dave14305 ^new in merlin 386.2 alpha2/beta1. I assume the above would also apply to flexqos?

Version 1.2.3 beta

NEW
- Added ability to save filter settings between sessions. See the Remember checkbox in the Filter Connections header. Saved filters are stored as browser cookies and not router settings. Needs a lot of testing.

CHANGED
- Made fq_codel the default option. Can be disabled by choosing "ASUS" as the QoS Mode (renamed option).
- Renamed File Downloads to File Transfers to more closely resemble the stock File Transferring category (there is a width problem using File Transferring in the dropdown menus).
- Restored Learn-From-Home category name. Changed built-in Game Downloads rule to use File Transferring category for new rules. Existing Game Downloads rules will still direct to the Learn-From-Home priority level.
- Show full stock category names in CLI appdb command output.
- Moved FlexQoS tab to the third tab between QoS and Classification. You're a tough crowd.
- All Class dropdowns are now listed in the user-defined priority order.
- Moved version number and update check under Options panel
- Moved graph scale option to the main page under the refresh dropdown

FIXED
- When disabling Refresh in the WebUI, don't refresh one more time for old times' sake. No means no.
- Fixed Overhead dropdown display issue when using 384 firmware.

Available on the develop branch. If interested in testing, please switch with flexqos develop at the SSH command line.

1615436425022.png

1615436451146.png

1615436802322.png

Last edited:
Version 1.2.3 beta

NEW
- Added ability to save filter settings between sessions. See the Remember checkbox in the Filter Connections header. Saved filters are stored as browser cookies and not router settings. Needs a lot of testing.

CHANGED
- Made fq_codel the default option. Can be disabled by choosing "ASUS" as the QoS Mode (renamed option).
- Renamed File Downloads to File Transfers to more closely resemble the stock File Transferring category (there is a width problem using File Transferring in the dropdown menus).
- Restored Learn-From-Home category name. Changed built-in Game Downloads rule to use File Transferring category for new rules. Existing Game Downloads rules will still direct to the Learn-From-Home priority level.
- Show full stock category names in CLI appdb command output.
- Moved FlexQoS tab to the third tab between QoS and Classification. You're a tough crowd.
- All Class dropdowns are now listed in the user-defined priority order.
- Moved graph scale option to the main page under the refresh dropdown

FIXED
- When disabling Refresh in the WebUI, don't refresh one more time for old times' sake. No means no.
- Fixed Overhead dropdown display issue when using 384 firmware.

Available on the develop branch. If interested in testing, please switch with flexqos develop at the SSH command line.

View attachment 31832

View attachment 31833

View attachment 31835

Sorry, i kinda don't get the changed Learn from Home stuff. English is not my main language.

So I usually use your recommended priority list because of the changed Learn from home category usage. So do I need to change it now? And to what if you have any suggestions? Thank you

CHANGED
First notes after updating:
-my tab is still on 4th position even after closing/reloading the browser tab. Do we need to restart FlexQoS?
-personally I used to click the update check regularly when I opened the tab, now as it's out of sight maybe I won't anymore. Don't know if it's good or bad this way. Just my thoughts that I preferred the old position for version and check more. ;)

Best wishes,
chris

I've done the flex update to the beta, oddly I'm noticing that adaptive qos is constantly rebooting every 3 minutes, not sure what's causing it, I even rebooted the router to see if that will fix it.

I've done the flex update to the beta, oddly I'm noticing that adaptive qos is constantly rebooting every 3 minutes, not sure what's causing it, I even rebooted the router to see if that will fix it.
Yes, that’d be a bug. I see it happening on my router too. Never push an update then go to bed...

I know what’s wrong but won’t be able to fix it until later today. I recommend returning to stable branch.

Yes, that’d be a bug. I see it happening on my router too. Never push an update then go to bed...

I know what’s wrong but won’t be able to fix it until later today. I recommend returning to stable branch.
It's a bug hmmm and here I was thinking is that darned house ghost up to its tricks again, being the usual reason I can't have nice things.

Just tried the save filter settings - works great, Thanks

Much easier then always "!123" ;-)

Run these commands before and after playing a YouTube video. The traffic is going somewhere.
Bash:
iptables -t mangle -nvL
tc -s class show dev br0 parent 1:
Then add in a flexqos debug so I understand the lay of your land.
Just a update, figured I would try the AX86u again as main since a few releases have happened. Same thing, iptables rules are still ignored on the ax86, but work perfect on the AC86.. maybe someday

Thanks for: Version 1.2.3 beta Dave
But after seeing you juggle some of the names around regarding the Class types...
It reminded me to ask you....
If descriptions can never be 100% accurate because of things like,
Games using STUN for VoIP & Google relying heavily on QUIC etc etc...
Wouldn't it be cleaner/easier to always Display them as...
Class:0
Class:1
Class:2
Class:7
If so, when Trend Micro/Asus places them... They shouldn't periodically look out-of-place with an occasional mismatched description.
Obviously rules can be applied to straighten out or reshape the network accordingly.
But in using STUN as an example...
TrendMicro likely classified it as Class:0 for a very good reason (meaning low latency requirements) for the VoIP functions
And despite it being used FOR a game... it has it's own slightly unique requirement.

IMO all these Descriptive classifications stem from (TrendMicro/Asus) trying to dumb down networking so that the masses (myself included) have a hope in understanding.
But the more I look at it... there will always be mismatched descriptions.
My thought is... Screw it.
Almost everyone understands a numeric ranking system.
Just a thought (That you've probably already considered).
Thx

IMO all these Descriptive classifications stem from (TrendMicro/Asus) trying to dumb down networking so that the masses (myself included) have a hope in understanding.
But the more I look at it... there will always be mismatched descriptions.
My thought is... Screw it.
Almost everyone understands a numeric ranking system.
Just a thought (That you've probably already considered).
Sometimes “good enough” is good enough.

Sometimes “good enough” is good enough.
I hope I didn't offend you with my suggestion. All your efforts are VERY-MUCH appreciated.
And from my perspective I can even see how Class:0 could cause confusion for some.

But my thinking was more along the line of say... maybe leaving the description:
NetControl
but instead using say...
Class:1
Class:2
Class:7

( Because even Dumbdumbs [like-me] understand the concept of 1st, 2nd, & 3rd )
LOL
But It's yer project & a very fine one indeed ;-)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!