What's new

Found a way to make AImesh nodes to have different channels!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Good work OP finding a solution to this quite specific use case. I don’t have this issue but I have enough other problems…

My lesson is that I have spent too much money on ASUS kit that is ok but still consumer crap.

I will hang in there with my mesh setup with wired backhaul. one node still to wire under the house and not looking forward to that job. 😂

Then I replace everything with better equipment (not ASUS) when wifi7 is real and value for money
I would do the same probably one day. I personally like the single point of view so I need a brand that uses a wifi controller. Atleast for now my network is fraction of the cost of others with ofcourse the cravats, but I love to tinker so finding solutions is sometimes more fun.
I nteresting idea - but isn't this like "going around the barn to get to the house"?

Wouldn't it be much easier to just run the nodes in AP mode instead? Why do you need to use aimesh at all if you need to SSH into the nodes? AP mode would, as far as I understand, be better for you.
Deja vu?

Very interesting finding, thanks for sharing!

I'm in the same boat, but with far less devices, <50. I like the simplicity of aimesh syncing all the settings (including guest network, mac filter, internet access restrictions) from a single place - I do have a wired setup.

It would be nice if people could help find out a way to make it automatic (ex. via script running on the node) instead of undermining the initiative.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!