What's new

From coaxial internet to fiber

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dizzyduck

New Around Here
I have recently made the swap to fiber. I am using an asus Rt-ax88u. I’ve set up my fiber gateway for pass through and all that. All of my devices are working exactly as they were except my Xbox X that’s on WiFi. As stated I’m using the same router in the same place and that goes for the Xbox as well. I was able to get 600ish with the older coaxial connection but now I can’t get above 160 down. I have a Xbox a that’s wired and it works correctly as well as multiple other devices wired and wireless. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have recently made the swap to fiber. I am using an asus Rt-ax88u. I’ve set up my fiber gateway for pass through and all that. All of my devices are working exactly as they were except my Xbox X that’s on WiFi. As stated I’m using the same router in the same place and that goes for the Xbox as well. I was able to get 600ish with the older coaxial connection but now I can’t get above 160 down. I have a Xbox a that’s wired and it works correctly as well as multiple other devices wired and wireless. Does anyone have any ideas?

If wired is working and nothing else changed, my two guesses are that your router got re-oriented or the antennas got moved, or you rebooted it as part of the swap and it picked a different channel that is more congested.

Not really any other reason the exact same router would change wireless throughput only just by moving the WAN cable.

EDIT - Guess #3, when you rebooted the router, xbox reconnected at 2.4ghz. Have you rebooted xbox?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!