What's new

Frustrated with AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phydeauxman

Occasional Visitor
The thing is fast and full of features but ever since owning this thing...I have had to reboot it like once per week to get the wireless networks working right again. Have the Merlin FW on it but did not seem to help. Are others experiencing this issue?

Not me, mine has been very stable. No unexpected Wifi disconnects and I never reboot it unless I am upgrading the firmware. I have been keeping up to date with Merlin's builds.

There have been a couple of the old versions where there was trouble but when using one of the known good firmwares everything has been great. I do turn off all (edit: except 802.11AC's) beam forming as that seems to improve stability of mobile clients (streaming radio on a cell phone while wandering around the house) with only a very small throughput hit for static clients.

Last edited:
5656 was pretty stable for me. Im using 42_2 merlin right now and I just use mine for basic routing and access to my HD over WWW. But I dont have the awesome uplink/downlink speeds all you guys have!

Can't wait for cox to increase it later this year (although im sure prices will go up as well :( )

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!