What's new

FTP server with TSL support..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tommy1

Occasional Visitor
hi,
i have RT-AC66U_B1 with merlin, I've turned on AiCloud and FTP server with only LAN access, it works just fine, but it stops when I enable TLS support, once enabled I cannot access it via browser ftp://192.168.1.1 or via WinSCP nad here I tried over 21 or 990,

any hint ?

thanks

hi,
i have RT-AC66U_B1 with merlin, I've turned on AiCloud and FTP server with only LAN access, it works just fine, but it stops when I enable TLS support, once enabled I cannot access it via browser ftp://192.168.1.1 or via WinSCP nad here I tried over 21 or 990,
any hint ?
thanks

If you turn on FTPS you have to use: Explicit FTP over TLS/SSL and use username and password.

If you turn on FTPS you have to use: Explicit FTP over TLS/SSL and use username and password.

with WinSCP when I choose FTP -> TLS/SSL explicit encryption, router IP and port 21 I get:
Disconnected from server
Error listing directory '/'.

how to access it then via browser ? ftp://192.168.1.1/ in a browser rejects correct credenetials..

with WinSCP when I choose FTP -> TLS/SSL explicit encryption, router IP and port 21 I get:
Disconnected from server
Error listing directory '/'.

how to access it then via browser ? ftp://192.168.1.1/ in a browser rejects correct credenetials..
Set directory of your share eg /mnt/my_dir_share/

Guys, not everyone is a network guru ;-)

when trying with FTP -> explicit over port 21, progress, it asked me for certificiation confirmation, but after confirming it WinSCP says:

Server asks for authentication with a client certificate.
Disconnected from server
Could not retrieve directory listing
SSL connection failed: session reuse required
Error listing directory '/folder'.

Guys, not everyone is a network guru ;-)

when trying with FTP -> explicit over port 21, progress, it asked me for certificiation confirmation, but after confirming it WinSCP says:

Server asks for authentication with a client certificate.
Disconnected from server
Could not retrieve directory listing
SSL connection failed: session reuse required
Error listing directory '/folder'.
Where on router is your share you would reach from FTP? That is your directory.

that was WinSCP issue, with FileZilla it connects via FTPES (FTP over TLS) in explicit mode on port 21 without any issues
I have my remote directoy set to /jffs/scripts in WinScp

I have my remote directoy set to /jffs/scripts in WinScp

SSL3 alert write: fatal: protocol version
wrong version number
Disconnected from server
Error changing directory to '/jffs/scripts'.

FileZilla is fine although I need to admit WinSCP GUI is nicer

that was WinSCP issue, with FileZilla it connects via FTPES (FTP over TLS) in explicit mode on port 21 without any issues
I'm curious as to what version of Filezilla you are using as mine appears to be incompatible with the router's FTPS server?

I'm curious as to what version of Filezilla you are using as mine appears to be incompatible with the router's FTPS server?

Filezilla 3.47.1, newest one,
frankly this whole merlin firmware starts to work unstable, I fixed that FTP with TLS issue, but now suddenly there's sth more, wifi signal quality dropped dramatically, any device behind any wall cannot access router, if it does quality of browsing is very poor.. once getting close to the router, especially without any wall, it increases right away

i have many these, i didnt have them before
Mar 9 14:23:40 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc xxx, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

it looks like this is purely WinSCP bug issue, not related with merlin, moreover this bug is described by WinSCP as resolved..
https://winscp.net/tracker/879

the implication is that it doesnt allow me to use keepass db sync via IOProtocolExt plugin which is based on WinSCP..
https://keepass.info/plugins.html#ioprotocolext

I wanted to use FTP over TLS mechanism on asus merlin router to be the place to handle Keepass DB sync, perhaps any hint on alternatives how to handle such sync with this router ?

it looks like this is purely WinSCP bug issue, not related with merlin, moreover this bug is described by WinSCP as resolved..
https://winscp.net/tracker/879

the implication is that it doesnt allow me to use keepass db sync via IOProtocolExt plugin which is based on WinSCP..
https://keepass.info/plugins.html#ioprotocolext

I wanted to use FTP over TLS mechanism on asus merlin router to be the place to handle Keepass DB sync, perhaps any hint on alternatives how to handle such sync with this router ?
I had the same problem with WinSCP. In WinSCP i changed the internet protocol to IPv4 in advanced settings and the FTPS connextion was established.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!