What's new

FW 386 GUI change for AIProtection/Time scheduling?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

webdriver

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I have a quick question regarding AIProtection/Time scheduling part.
I used to run my routing on a AC68U with merlin FW, and the GUI like this:
1610058218364.png

I recently purchased a AC86U to build up my AIMesh solution and choose it as main router. However after I upgrade my stock fw to latest release, and the GUI looks like this:
1610058337791.png
1610058319227.png

My question (as I am new to AC86U), is everybody has the same changed GUI? or it's the only change happened to AC86U?

thank you.

What firmware were you on? What firmware did you flash the router to now?

Please don't cross-post the same question across the forums.

You're comparing two different Asus router models from at least 4 years' time difference, and different firmware, and you're surprised they're displayed differently? :)

Please don't cross-post the same question across the forums.

You're comparing two different Asus router models from at least 4 years' time difference, and different firmware, and you're surprised they're displayed differently? :)

Actually I have tried out merlin 384.19 on AC86U before I flash to ASUS stock firmware (for AIMesh stability reason). The Merlin fw has the same GUI (my prefered) but after back to ASUS firmware it's been changed.
Regarding post same across multiple threads, just in case people don't read that post can see my question. Again I can do a downgrade but I may just ask people who can check for me.

That isn't a reason to cross-post. :)

Simply point/link to your original question instead.

That isn't a reason to cross-post. :)

Simply point/link to your original question instead.
Ok, take you advice to edit my post.
BTW, can you help check your GUI for AIProtection/Time scheduling, and what it looks like?

Sorry, someone else will have to do that. I don't use that feature and don't want to agree/enable it right now (I logged in remotely to try to see it for you though).

But this demo GUI may be of some help to you?

ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX95Q - Time Scheduling

Sorry, someone else will have to do that. I don't use that feature and don't want to agree/enable it right now (I logged in remotely to try to see it for you though).

But this demo GUI may be of some help to you?

ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX95Q - Time Scheduling

I try the link you post -- it is the ideal GUI I am looking to (same as Merlin build 384.19 on AC86U), I don't know why the latest 386 FW on AC86U suddenly changes. :-(

My question (as I am new to AC86U), is everybody has the same changed GUI? or it's the only change happened to AC86U?

Do you intend to confirm this for every router/firmware model? It won't change what you have.

My AC86U firmware and GUI is the same as yours.

OE

Do you intend to confirm this for every router/firmware model? It won't change what you have.

My AC86U firmware and GUI is the same as yours.

OE

Thanks OE for confirmation. I came from AC68U GUI which is I like. Then I got the new AC86U and I tried out merlin 384.19 which also has the prefer GUI. Then found out merlin build AIMesh not stable so upgrade to ASUS stock fw, and found out "new" GUI. That's why I am curious about whether it's the default for AC86U not related to latest release. The problem with this "new" GUI that I can't easily design on/off time at will like before.

I don't like the new GUI at all. The only improvements for it are time units changed from 1 hour to 15 mins (more flexible). Everything else is worse than the previous version.

Okay. :)

I hate it too when things improve but I still don't like it.

I don't like the new GUI at all. The only improvements for it are time units changed from 1 hour to 15 mins (more flexible). Everything else is worse than the previous version.
I didn't notice that the minimum unit to be 15 min. It makes sense then they can't use old GUI because it need display more blocks in the same page.
Still I hate this new GUI. :-(

I didn't notice that the minimum unit to be 15 min. It makes sense then they can't use old GUI because it need display more blocks in the same page.
Still I hate this new GUI. :-(
No, it doesn't make sense, they could have simply added more blocks (4 per slot) to have the same old function, it was so simple
I don't think is about hating it. It's really unusable. To block hours from Monday now, you have to change the schedule on Sunday, or you have two create multiple blocking entries for the morning and evening
Also, it's only negative block, in the past you can simply enable the hours you want, but now you have to create an elaborate scheme to create a custom schedule (e.g. kids have certain activities to do late on some days)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!