What's new

FW Betas & Dirty Upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Getting quite the leg work out there with that soap box @Clark Griswald.

;)

don't know if RMerlin utilizes such features when needed,
I do. When I change the format of a stored parameter, I also add code to handle the conversion at boot time. For exemple, for VPN Director:

Asus also generally does. However if default values of low-level settings change, these aren't generally handled. Or if you are coming from a very old version, changes that happened 2-4 years ago might not always be handled by conversion code.

That whole format.c file contains code to handle various settings storage changes.

Gently stepping down from soapbox, now

Don't worry. Asus just dropped a new AC86U firmware with some new features. Wait for "when is 386.4 coming" or "is it going to be included in 386.3" type of questions. Let's see who is going to be the first.

Don't worry. Asus just dropped a new AC86U firmware with some new features. Wait for "when is 386.4 coming" or "is it going to be included in 386.3" type of questions. Let's see who is going to be the first.

Hopefully that now that new ASUS FWs are being steadily released, ASUS will get a unified GPL to RMerlin soon.

I must unwatch this thread I started.
The Wife says "If you have time to complain on the internet, then you have time to take down the Christmas/Holiday lights!"
Don't make me bother Tim about closing this thread! He's busy doing reviews and "testing" with his new setup!:)
I will just put the ladder on the soapbox, so I can reach higher.

Hopefully that now that new ASUS FWs are being steadily released, ASUS will get a unified GPL to RMerlin soon.
Current lack of GPL is unrelated to firmware releases. Other internal issues that need to be sorted out by Asus before they resume building GPL tarballs, and the latest news as of this week was "no ETA".

Current lack of GPL is unrelated to firmware releases. Other internal issues that need to be sorted out by Asus before they resume building GPL tarballs, and the latest news as of this week was "no ETA".
Who’s doing their tarballs, @thelonelycoder? I think he has a trademark on “No ETA.” :)

Who’s doing their tarballs, @thelonelycoder? I think he has a trademark on “No ETA.” :)
It's just that they missed the previous two ETAs, and it's not entirely under their control. They couldn't give me a new ETA.

It's not entirely under their control either.

It's just that they missed the previous two ETAs, and it's not entirely under their control. They couldn't give me a new ETA.

It's not entirely under their control either.
I don’t even see any older GPLs on their US site for the AC86U.