What's new

Getting a new router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OBENZ

Regular Contributor
So i have 2 AC86 routers that i use at home but one of them's WIFI antennas died on me:( both radios are off, i'm looking for a replacement i need something with high wifi throughout and great CPU for VPN client/server use. any suggestions?im not gonna buy another ac86 as its been a nightmare for me

So i have 2 AC86 routers that i use at home but one of them's WIFI antennas died on me:( both radios are off, i'm looking for a replacement i need something with high wifi throughout and great CPU for VPN client/server use. any suggestions?im not gonna buy another ac86 as its been a nightmare for me
Still feel the AC86U is your best bet. Newer production AC86U have fewer hardware issues.

@OBENZ you may want to try this on your 'dead' RT-AC86U to see if it's really a hardware issue or not.

Fully Reset Router and Network

I too would recommend another (newer) RT-AC86U. Unless you can move both routers to AX class, this will be the best pairing with the router you have now.

@OBENZ you may want to try this on your 'dead' RT-AC86U to see if it's really a hardware issue or not.

Fully Reset Router and Network

I too would recommend another (newer) RT-AC86U. Unless you can move both routers to AX class, this will be the best pairing with the router you have now.
Thank you, i had already looked at your guide but i'm sure its a hardware issue without even trying since its been a few months now, every time i lost power, the router would become stuck in a bootloop. But i will try it nevertheless. I will get a new router either way so thanks for the suggestions