What's new

Getting drops sporadically on RT-AX86u wired.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I bought my AX86U about 2 weeks ago and after two days the router lost connection to the internet but home network stayed active. Wife and kids were not happy! I have done a tonne of research and tried lots of suggestions. After trial and error, thanks to SNBForums, I am now stable on ASUS stock firmware 386_49599.

Here are my simple suggestions that worked for me on ASUS stock FW:
1. Set WAN/DHCP Query Frequency to "Normal" and disable IPV6 - I tried "continuous" and did not work for me.
2. Go to Administration/Restore Save Upload setting and "Save" your configuration
3. Follow instructions here to setup the ChkWAN.sh script (read the entire thread as there are some hints from others if you run into issues) to monitor your WAN connection.
4. Monitor system logs under Advanced Settings/System Logs for a week or so to ensure the connection remains stable and access to internet remains.
5. On the router go to Administration/Feedback and send ASUS a note to detail your issue with DHCP

The above should get you back to stability. I may upgrade to Merlin in the future just for access to added customizations but for now I am just enjoying the fact that family is content and I am not dropping connections while working from home. Thanks goes to the community for posting their knowledge and making their scripts freely available!