What's new

Getting drops sporadically on RT-AX86u wired.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

noeffix

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys! I just upgraded to an Asus ax86u and altough everything is really fast, I can get internet drops 2-3 times a night while gaming.

I am wired from PC to router then wired to cable modem. I tried everything, I changed cables, used a second PC, I still get the drops. It is also not a DHCP issue, because an already connected game with UDP is disconnecting.

I provided a log for the disconnects, the internet according to my isp is not dropping, from what I understand from these logs the link is down? so would it be the router who looses the port or is it the modem which is down?

Attachments

• drops.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 192
the 2500gbps is my PC. so, if link is down on the 2500gbps does it mean its my PC rj45 port that is disconnecting?

i play warzone and it unplayable for me, i keep getting timed out or lost connection to host, i get a random lag spike. i tried everything called isp, factory reset router, rebooted modem, i play on the ps4 hardwired to port 1

Hey guys! I just upgraded to an Asus ax86u and altough everything is really fast, I can get internet drops 2-3 times a night while gaming.

I am wired from PC to router then wired to cable modem. I tried everything, I changed cables, used a second PC, I still get the drops. It is also not a DHCP issue, because an already connected game with UDP is disconnecting.

I provided a log for the disconnects, the internet according to my isp is not dropping, from what I understand from these logs the link is down? so would it be the router who looses the port or is it the modem which is down?

you could send feedback to asus or try merlin

what about the log file? if it says link down, what is ACTUALLY down? is it my pc that drops the "link"?

what router settings?

I want to know how to interpret the logs. it makes it appear as either:
1- The port my computer is connected is deffective
2- The computer network card disconnects from router
3- Link is down, means the link beetween eth7 and wan went down

What firmware are you using? What options, features or scripts have you enabled or installed? Did you import your old, saved backup config file from your previous router? After flashing the firmware you're currently running, did you do a full reset to factory defaults. Without restoring a saved backup config file afterward.

Any and all settings you've changed past their defaults in the router would be useful to know.

Log files are great, but the backstory is important too.

I am experiencing ps5 lan connection issues on ax86u. Latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.41535.

I rolled back to: Version 3.0.0.4.384.9318
and all my Lan issues are resolved.

I am really not sure what's affecting my ps5 from not able to connect properly ( plugged into 2.5ghz port I think ) under latest firmware.

Possibly the fact that the PS5 doesn't fully support a 2.5GbE Port? :)

Possibly the fact that the PS5 doesn't fully support a 2.5GbE Port? :)
Well there a given but that is no the point here.

Previous firmware the port was able to be used and the Ps5 connects fine on it. Latest firmware it doesn't and causes constant connect / disconnect. If unplug Lan cable from router and plug it back in, it would work temporary until Ps5 reboots.

If it worked on previous firmware as a Lan port, there is no reason it stops working.

Even if something less than 2.5g plugs into the port it should still function as a Lan port. Something is definitely different with new firmware.

When you tried the new firmware, did you do a full reset to factory defaults (M&M Config)? Without using a saved backup config file afterward.

New M&M 2020

When you tried the new firmware, did you do a full reset to factory defaults (M&M Config)? Without using a saved backup config file afterward.

New M&M 2020

That is something I wanted to do, but because it was getting late I only did a rollback. I would need to reflash latest firmware and do full reset and reconfigure everything to test it again.

I run the default firmware. I dont run scripts. I had disconnects related to that port. I know there is more than log but if you cant explain the log, why try and fix something else?

I switched to the non 2.5 port and I dont have disconnects. Apparantly either the link from the 1000mbps ports to the 2.5gbps port is either unstable or my 2.5gbps port is defective.

I run the default firmware. I dont run scripts. I had disconnects related to that port. I know there is more than log but if you cant explain the log, why try and fix something else?

I switched to the non 2.5 port and I dont have disconnects. Apparantly either the link from the 1000mbps ports to the 2.5gbps port is either unstable or my 2.5gbps port is defective.
What version is your firmware.

Same thing here. AX86u on 386.41535 as a aimesh node. 2.5g port ----> gigabyte switch ---> PC / NAS (with fixed IP). The PC and NAS would disconnects after a few minutes. I think the 2.5g port is broken with the new firmware. Have 0 issue with the 1g ports.

Same thing here. AX86u on 386.41535 as a aimesh node. 2.5g port ----> gigabyte switch ---> PC / NAS (with fixed IP). The PC and NAS would disconnects after a few minutes. I think the 2.5g port is broken with the new firmware. Have 0 issue with the 1g ports.
I thought the same. Had drops regularly on 2.5gbps port, was ok for a few days on 1gbps but I got 1 link down on it this week while gaming. so 1gbps > 2.5gbps stability wise, but its not perfect. I am gonna try Merlin beta.. ppl seem to recommend beta 3 since beta 4 seems to have speed issues. BUT

I am really f*%in curious about the link drop in logs and that no one seem to be able to explain. I researched it and most ppl say theyre getting 1 per min but its not affecting their connection. I am NOT getting any until my connection drop. Why ask ppl to supply logs if its not pertinent? Am I missing something?

Jan 3 19:13:51 kernel: NOTE: Using Port Grouping for IMP ports : [ 0 --> 4 ] [ 1, 2 --> 5 ] [ 3, 7 --> 8 ]
Jan 3 19:13:51 kernel: eth5 (Ext switch port: 7) (Logical Port: 15) (phyId: 1e) Link DOWN.
Jan 3 19:13:55 kernel: NOTE: Using Port Grouping for IMP ports : [ 0 --> 4 ] [ 1, 2, 3 --> 5 ] [ 7 --> 8 ]
Jan 3 19:13:55 kernel: eth5 (Ext switch port: 7) (Logical Port: 15) (phyId: 1e) Link Up at 2500 mbps full duplex
Jan 3 19:46:05 acsd: acs_set_chspec: 0x1007 (7) for reason APCS_CSTIMER

I disconnected EXACTLY on that event.