What's new

getting error when running AMTM

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zekesdad

Regular Contributor
I hadnt updated anything through AMTM in a while so I logged into my router and ran it, but when I did I got this repeated error:

grep: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/lib/libc.so.6: invalid ELF header

over and over. Im on a rt-AX86U using 388.1 merlin fw. I have to CTRL-C just to get out of it. Any idea how to fix this?

Screenshot (18).png

I hadnt updated anything through AMTM in a while so I logged into my router and ran it, but when I did I got this repeated error:

over and over. Im on a rt-AX86U using 388.1 merlin fw. I have to CTRL-C just to get out of it. Any idea how to fix this?

View attachment 47271
I believe that means your entware install is borked up... this particular file "libc.so.6" is probably corrupt. I had the same thing happen to me on multiple libraries because my flashdrive where entware was installed on was going bad. Unless you can identify the correct library, you may have luck uninstalling it and reinstalling it using the command:

Code:
opkg remove <package name>

opkg install <package name>

...but in the case of this libc package, I have no idea which package name you could attempt this with. Best scenario would be to remove and reinstall entware... and run a disk check on your flashdrive. I ended up ditching mine, and using a Samsung SSD when I went through my most recent upgrade to the AX6000.

Something like this was reported as part of the entware update in December, at least for scribe/uiscribe. Uninstalling and reinstalling scribe/uiscribe fixed it. You might try just a forced reinstall of the add-ons you are running, as a step short of starting over.

How do I do any of that? This is what happens when I execute "amtm", there is no "reinstalling or uninstalling" happening because of the errors. Amtm just returns a nonstop error that repeats indefinitely.

How do I do any of that? This is what happens when I execute "amtm", there is no "reinstalling or uninstalling" happening because of the errors. Amtm just returns a nonstop error that repeats indefinitely.
I would go under your router UI -> Administration -> System, select NO to enable JFFS... apply and reboot.

Dismount your flashdrive, disk check it, format it, reinsert it...

Then go in reverse, enable JFFS, reboot... run AMTM, install entware again, other addons, etc.

Sorry... we've got an ELF in AMTM now?

1674000172050.png

So, ssh in and instead of running amtm (which is just a feeder script to the other scripts (please forgive me for this)), running individual scripts and uninstall an addon, run amtm again and if necessary kill it, then move on to the next.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!