What's new

gigabit switches + tomato + server + mac = headache

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kaykkay

New Around Here
gigabit switches + tomato + server = headache

Here is how I wired my network.

in the router, I have set the DMZ to 192.168.2.101 (the server)

from my mac, I am able to access 192.168.2.101:80. However, I ain't able to access kay.dyndns.org:80. I checked port 80 at canyouseeme.org, It says port 80 is open. I asked my friend to access kay.dyndns.org:80, they said they got timeout as well when I also have my mac on.

However, when I am in office, I am able to access kay.dyndns.org from the office without any problem. From what I see, when there is other device connected to the switches, the port forward will not work.

The NAT Loopback in the tomato have set to All

is there is anything I need to set?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I'm guessing the loopback feature in Tomato isn't working. I've tried Tomato a couple of years ago, but don't recall a situation where I utilized loopback at that time.

btw, I have enabled jumbo frame on the server and MAC, but the router is a 100mb router, will that cause the problem?

The 10/100 switch will drop jumbo frames. But since the two NICs are auto-negotiating down to 100 Mbps, they aren't trying to use jumbo frames.