What's new

Gl.iNet Beryl AC-1300 Travel Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vlord

Regular Contributor
I picked this up a couple years ago and never really did anything with it other than run the default firmware. The past week I’ve had a chance to double down on using it, and I’m really impressed. It’s relatively low on flash storage but that can be mitigated by adding an SD card and moving part of root over to it. I like luci that’s built into it that has a similar features to Asus for wifi scanning and managing mounts and some other advanced settings. I was even able to get adguard home installed and working great with the same blocklists that I use on my Asus GT-AX3000. Range is decent on both bands covering a 2 bedroom condo with no issues. 5Ghz gets a bit spotty if you move too far away outdoors (through hurricane proof sliders). It’s USB-C powered which means it’ll run in your car with any decent usb-c 12v cigarette outlet or 120v plug. Form factor wise, it fits in the palm of your hand and easily packable in the tightest of suitcases.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!