What's new

Got new Asus Tuf FX705 Want to upgrade my Realtek 8821CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC already!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

you will read it in your ebay link too!
Note:
  • It does not support Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1, Mac
  • It does not support HP/ IBM/ Lenovo computer, Not work with AMD motherboard
And on amazon:
Warning:
Make Sure Mother Board Have NGFF A/E Key for WiFi Adapter
Only works on Intel CPU/Processor, NOT for AMD Platform.

Wi-Fi Speed May vary depends on user’s wireless network condition.

And this will be the same with 9260NGW card, not compatible with AMD!

Your Azurewave should be fine for AC1200 speed 2x2 MU-MiMo.
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/AzureWave_AW-CM308NF

In manual I found your card only uses 5G ch. 36-140, not 149+
Last pages: https://dustinweb.azureedge.net/media/367769/rog-strix-gl503ge.pdf
Are you connected via 5G or only 2.4G on your laptop???

Read here on INTEL forum about AMD incompatibility (or compatibility) issues.

I cant say it will work or not, you have to test on your own!
https://forums.intel.com/s/question...eless-ac9260-not-support-ryzen?language=en_US

PS: never heard about the need to reformat anything after HW-changes of any cards.

The "Not work with AMD motherboard" text is from the ebay listing for a 9560 linked above. The 9260 and AX200 are not limited to use only on certain Intel platforms like the 9560 and AX201 are.

I see, he replied to himself with a different ebay link in his posting #10 (9560 while first links are 9260), thats the reason for my confusion.
Sure 9560 cant work without CPU support for CNVio.
But still there are some with troubles on intel forum with 9260/AX200 and AMD boards.

And I still dont understand whats so bad with his card, should easily match 500Mb/s.

I see, he replied to himself with a different ebay link in his posting #10 (9560 while first links are 9260), thats the reason for my confusion.
But still there are some with troubles on intel forum with 9260/AX200 and AMD boards.

And I still dont understand whats so bad with his card, should easily match 500Mb/s.

the troubles are also the First Gen Ryzen in the articles you are reading. we are up to the Third Gen, I'm sure there have been some improvements for it using the 9250/ax200. Asus came back with those 2 card are compatible. End of story, don't listen to something on Ebay or Amazon. Thrust an expert and Mr Internet Man is a real good one. Thank ou Mr. Internet Man.

The card is 1X1 2.4GHZ
A cheapo dual Class would have been better than this.
i have a 1.5 Gig Line Straight to my house.....Fibre OPT. I am getting 125-150 mb/s on the Speedtests. My son has a new Acer Helios and is getting close to 800mb/s, m other son has a Rogue a few years back and it gets 600-700 and finally my last son has a Dell Laptitude 3 years ago and gets 500's
So yeah my card sucks....
My old Lenovo Y700 was getting 650-800 close to max speeds wireless. These results are all wireless and not Ethernet.

what is the best
IS there another Router that does the same thing as this RT-AX88U Asus Router does. Like the 160Mhz and with the nice Merlin custom firmware. or another Asus or other company router a bit cheaper but still in the same quality as the RT AX88U that will help my setup. The router also needs to have this-----------The best bet it's to plug your own router to the HH3K and connect all your device to your router and leave all the Bell equipments on the HH3K. But keep in mind that the router that you chose have to support VLAN tagging because you have to assign the bell internet vlan to the WAN interface. With Bell it's vlan 35.----- My max speed is 1.5 Gig and it is known with the AX200 that I will be able to get close to 1gig downloads if I am close to the modem. Any help would be appreciated.