What's new

Solved GPT disc with 3 Terrabyte

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tanzbaerli

New Around Here
Hi!

I am new to Asuswrt-Merlin and the main reason for me was to use rsync. I installed it on my new AX58U to backup a part of my Synology NAS to a router attached harddisk with rsync and its working fine.

I use a GPT harddisk with one big partition (2,7 gigs) formatted with Ext4 and it works great. I formatted it on the PC with a tool.

Now i have read in the Merlin docs that a disc with more than 2 gigs is not supported? Have i missed something or is it working by chance?

Would it even work with NTFS or is Ext4 necessary for entware to work?

Disks larger than 2TB are supported. It's just that the router's built-in version of fdisk doesn't support GPT (for disks over 2TB) therefore you have to partition them using another device (e.g. a PC). However, once the disk is partitioned it will work fine on the router.

I run 12TB on my AX86U Ntfs.
Finds it no problem.

And you even use entware installed on the external usb NTFS drive? I thought this is not possible?

Using an NTFS drive would be more comfortable bit i did not do it because i thought entware can only be installed on unix file systems.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!