What's new

Great OPNsense/pfSense mini PC with 4 x 2.5gb Intel NICs for just over $200usd on Amazon

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i tried stressing the connection. so far no disconnection but got this error log

Are you logged into the web UI when these errors occur?

In any event, it sounds like a bug and on the reddit threads - the reporters where asked to submit Redmine bugs (Redmine is there project management platform, similar to Jira)

Are you logged into the web UI when these errors occur?

In any event, it sounds like a bug and on the reddit threads - the reporters where asked to submit Redmine bugs (Redmine is there project management platform, similar to Jira)
yes I was logged in to web GUI to monitor temp/ hardware usage. it seems to be one of the bugs in PHP . there are some others people reporting not same but similar issues with PHP.
anyways I just switched to opnsense for now to give it a try as well while waiting for new hardware to arrive.
opnsense seems to be more fluid and responsive compared to pf and GUI interface is much more easy to navigate around. only missing is access to shell and file system from within the GUI .however all the drivers and stuff like Realtek is part of the package list in opnsense missing shell access to make the driver actually work. still trying to edit /boot/loader/conf
I am not good with CLI as I never used it.
just wanted to try both and make final decision based of experience. and install the one suits better with new hardware.

Last edited:
Being all that stuff is open source is going to kill us. The only hope we have is Windows going into the future.
totally loving pfsense with zenarmor installed on Chinese hardware. what is it that's being made without Chinese parts if not full hardware in it nowdays.