What's new

Greetings Forum Members!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you again! Got rid of hotspot but, as in my last screenshot, it comes up blank with both router url's. I'm sorry for all this hassle!

I don't why you're having so much trouble with something that should be so straight forward.

I suggest you stop trying to use the Wi-Fi to setup the router and go through the normal setup procedure using a laptop/PC connected to the router via Ethernet.

So connect the laptop or PC to the router and press the reset button. After a couple of minutes open a web browser and you should be at the quick setup page.

Last edited:
I did actually think of that sometime yesterday morning. However, I have a Mac M2 which I believe is what they call a USB 3. (I think). Of course I don' have one and will need to order it on Amazon. Sigh. It's become a little funny and a lotta no funny. Even my cell is fighting and asking for my password which does not work so I have to restart the Mac and sort of get a fresh start. Thanks, again, Colin. When I get this thing to work you will be the first to know!

I did actually think of that sometime yesterday morning. However, I have a Mac M2 which I believe is what they call a USB 3. (I think). Of course I don' have one and will need to order it on Amazon. Sigh. It's become a little funny and a lotta no funny. Even my cell is fighting and asking for my password which does not work so I have to restart the Mac and sort of get a fresh start. Thanks, again, Colin. When I get this thing to work you will be the first to know!
"One" being the cable that will work with that USB and ethernet.

GOT IT! PICKING UP ETHERNET CABLE "SYNC" WITH USB C . IT REALLY IS GETTING OLD AND I AM STILL WORKING AND, MOST LIKELY THE SAME WITH EVERYONE ELSE, I CANNOT "SURVIVE" WITHOUT INTERNET!

I am a new member of the community. Let me also say I am a techno impaired senior.. I am trying to set up my external hard drive to work with my RT-AX58U. I have two questions:

1. Almost hilariously, ASUS does not recognize my serial number. When tryng to use any of the ASUS email or chat forums they require my serial number...
2. As I read my manual, I am referred to my "navigaton panel." I am wondering if that is a separate download. I am going to attach a pdf of what I was submitting to ASUS which should have my needed system info, etc. I will also send a screen shot of the back side of my router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the jumbled screenshots!

IT'S FINALLY WORKING. THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO HELPED ME WITH THIS!!!

What a concept! I downloaded the app on my smart phone and boom! It worked! Now to figure out how to get my USB port to sync with my router. Again, thank you so much for all your help.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!