What's new

GT 5300 Aimesh issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jc_hwz

Occasional Visitor
In this two days, I have the problem in my Aimesh system. one of node is off line in some point, and you have to reboot the GT 5300 and that node will go back to online. Do you know what cause this problem. I don't have this issue before.

Main router: GT 5300
Node: AC68P, AC1900P(keep off line)

I had two GT-AC5300. The node kept going offline and you had to reboot the node.
I had the node replaced but it still happened. I seems to be a software issue but considering Asus bad hardware quality I would not rule out that the hardware has a flaw.

I had two GT-AC5300. The node kept going offline and you had to reboot the node.
I had the node replaced but it still happened. I seems to be a software issue but considering Asus bad hardware quality I would not rule out that the hardware has a flaw.
I am thinking about it is firmware issue

I am thinking about it is firmware issue
Yes you may be right but I have had two RT-AC88Us where the WAN port died on both within a few weeks. And one of them was even stored and only used for a backup.
If it is a firmware thing then it is unacceptable that the last official firmware for GT-AC5300 is from september.

It happens again today. I not sure whether the ac1900p problem or gt 5300. Once I reboot the gt 5300, the node is coming back

What happened to this equipment?

What RSSI is logged for the wireless backhauls to the dropping node?

OE

I my case the node goes totally offline. Ethernet backhaul so not a wifi issue. Even the power consumption drops - like it is shutting partially down. Reboot always worked though.
I reboot the GT 5300, and today case, the node totally disappear in the aimesh list. Is the chance the ac1900p broken already?

I had the GT-AC5300 at one point, tired running it also in Aimesh mode, (firmware 81099) had nothing but issues with it, kept dropping, it was alwasy going offline, thought maybe at one point it was to far away from the source, even 2 feet away it would still drop the connection from the primary router.
That same router worked fine as a default router, had no issues with it running Aimesh to a 86U

Yes rebooting it worked fine for awhile, but it just went back into the same state(offline) when trying to Aimesh

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!