What's new

GT AC5300 router/AP mode issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AshAudis

New Around Here
Since I can’t put Merlin on this router, I also can’t get it to talk to Sky as it doesn’t have the option 61 in additional provider settings. Unless there is a way?

I’m moving to a new ISP in a couple weeks, and should be able to connect fine then but for now I’m going through the Sky Q hub, and I’ve got the GT5300 set to access point which means it removes all the firewall jazz etc.

But I’m wanting to run it as my main router by putting it on DMZ from my Sky Q Hub. How do I go about putting my GT5300 in router mode and it being happy to just get the access from my Sky?

I’m guessing I don’t select PPPOE etc?

Thanks in advance!

Also how secure is the AI Cloud stuff? Read about some vulnerabilities but they’ve been patched?

Last edited:
No offense to Merlin but why would you want to? ASUS firmware has gotten really good and with AIMesh I don't see any advantage to Merlin.

It's a great router without Merlin.

No offense to Merlin but why would you want to? ASUS firmware has gotten really good and with AIMesh I don't see any advantage to Merlin.

It's a great router without Merlin.

Sky requires a special DHCP packet to be sent to their servers to be able to connect. Asus' stock firmware doesn't support it, making it impossible to use that firmware with Sky.

When I switch ISP, and they don’t require that option, I don’t suppose you know if I’ll have to revert the change or will it not cause an issue?
No idea. I guess it would depend on the ISP. But it would be pretty straight forward to unset those variables.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!