What's new

GT-AC5300 with RT-AC5300 mesh node - No internet connection sometimes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have never used smart connect, 5G_2 Third Band (Mine is broke or something since nothing can really see it constantly. Also link aggregation on port 6 due to only 100mpbs connection.), or any QOS at all. I have 3 ZenWiFi AX Mini setup in mesh mode and on Version 3.0.0.4.384.82037 with no issues. Full speeds wherever on any device. Updating to to Version 3.0.0.4.386.42643 broke internet connection on everything everwhere. Rolling back to the Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793 seemed to bring everything back even though i never used that firmware at all. So it seems the newest is the worst one yet for me. I will try the beta here shortly.
Update the Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version is broke for me as well. So I am going to assume the DNSMASQ CVE's they patched is what broke it. I can not use this beta or the newest one because of this issue.

I have the same problem. I use five GT-AC5300 routers plus two RT-AC5300 routers, and my iPhones all lose Internet access without disconnecting from WiFi. The only solution I found is to revert back to the latest 384 builds for each model. No such problems there. I’ve found a combination of settings for 384 that work stably. But I wish 386 would work.
This Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793 works fine for me on using my GT and Version : 3.0.0.4.386_41535-g1caa24a on my ZenWiFi AX Mini throughout. But once i update the the GT to Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 (BETA) or Version 3.0.0.4.386.42643. NOTHING works. I can still ping all ips from wan. DNS is broke period.

Update from me as well. As my first post stated i rolled back to the AIMESH 1.0 with the 384 firmware on both my GT 5300 routers. Since then all devices work HOWEVER my mesh router (not the main one coming in) drops all 2.4 Ghz connections. How do i know this. When i login to my router and look at the connections everything 2.4Ghz moves to the main router coming into my basement. Only 5Ghz connections show on my mesh router that is upstairs. This is evident visually to me because all my light switchs are 2.4 Ghz and they lightup RED when they cannot reach the internet (meaning they are to far from my basement router and the upstairs router is only broadcasting 5Ghz). I have yet to figure out why this happens. A quick reboot fixes the issue for sometimes 1 day, sometimes 5 days. Its random. Log attached right before my reboot.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    502.2 KB · Views: 98

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!