What's new

GT-AC5300 WRT Merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xmix

New Around Here
Hi Guys, I just recently found the wrt merlin firmware, and i gave it a go. Have GT-AX11000 and GT-AC5300. The first one is on merlin firmware now, but I could not find for the AC5300.
I have had this setup for a long time, but I switched the ax router to my bedroom since that is the place where i use the ax wifi more than in the main area of my appartment. Is there a firmware available for my ac router ?
I used to have aimesh but since the routers are different and i could not use ax because of this, i changed it and use both as a normal router. please advice. The Idea is to setup best possible wifi. I have a cat5e cable for connecting both routers. I am also experincing no wifi on the 5 G 2 band, so that was the first reason to switch to merlin firmware, because the normal firmware was not doing anything for the 5g2 band on the ax router. now it is showing the wifi on wifi radar of the modem but my iphone 14 pro max and my wifi ax ( 160 mhz ) laptop is also not seeing the 5g2 band. Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Some info for you

Internet : Ziggo Netherlands. 1000 mbps download / 50 mbps upload. Cable Modem is in Bridge mode. I have ipv4 and ipv6 , but ipv6 is disabled on all devices.
First Router after the modem is the GT-AC5300 / firmware is : 3.0.0.4.386_48377-g3e428e2
Second Router : GT-AX11000 / firmware is : 388.1 merlin
Appartment : 70-80 M2

Last edited:
GT-AC5300 model has no Asuswrt-Merlin support.

Even if it was supported - Asuswrt-Merlin won't help you with Wi-Fi issues. Broadcom drivers -> Asuswrt -> Asuswrt-Merlin.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!