What's new

FlexQoS GT-AX11000 gaming class not showing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Epic1Hit

Occasional Visitor
so i have about 30 devices connected main router is a GT-AX11000 and i also have 4 more asus routers in aimesh for coverage i have a big house 3 floors to cover i followed and read a lot on the fourms for flex qos i am gaming on a pc and games i play is valorant mostly. when im gaming and look at the traffic class under gaming it doesnt show no rates i Filter connections for my pc to see if it sees that i am gaming and nothing i do losse packets about 17 per game i have xfinty cable 1200 down and 40 up but i never see the 1200 down closest was around 920 down what can i do to fix this? the modem im using is there XB7 in bridge mode connected to there 2.5G port 4 and on the router im also using the 2.5g with the Primary WAN set to 2.5g in the wan settings. iv been fighting with this for months researching am thinking about getting my own modem not sure what one i should get yet i have talked to many forums a not enough help

I don’t really understand what is being asked in that wall of text. If nothing is showing up in Gaming, however, maybe you’ve done something like added your devices under Game / Gear Accelerator. If so, remove them, as it interferes with the normal QoS setup.

If that doesn’t help, restate your concern and post some screenshots of the problem.

I don’t really understand what is being asked in that wall of text. If nothing is showing up in Gaming, however, maybe you’ve done something like added your devices under Game / Gear Accelerator. If so, remove them, as it interferes with the normal QoS setup.

If that doesn’t help, restate your concern and post some screenshots of the problem.
i removed my gaming pc from the Gear Accelerator got a bit better still see some spikes a bit of packet loss while i game

here is the photo of what i ment qos is not seeing that i am gaming

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-22 165829.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-22 165829.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 164
i removed my gaming pc from the Gear Accelerator got a bit better still see some spikes a bit of packet loss while i game

here is the photo of what i ment qos is not seeing that i am gaming
Are there any other machines listed in Gear Accelerator? Remove them all.

Are there any other machines listed in Gear Accelerator? Remove them all.
Wow, never knew this, will be removing all mine when I get in. I've got 5 pc's on in this page as well as flex, From this page right?

RT-AX86U-Game-Features-878x1024.jpg

Is there a way of adding multiple "gaming rules" for different devices?
You can, but it's easier to assign multiple gaming machines with contiguous IP addresses and use a CIDR in the Local IP field of a single gaming rule (e.g. 192.168.1.24/29 = 192.168.1.24 - 192.168.1.31). Find an online CIDR calculator to find the smallest CIDR Mask needed to cover the number of gaming devices you have. This is old hat from the FreshJR days.

You can, but it's easier to assign multiple gaming machines with contiguous IP addresses and use a CIDR in the Local IP field of a single gaming rule (e.g. 192.168.1.24/29 = 192.168.1.24 - 192.168.1.31). Find an online CIDR calculator to find the smallest CIDR Mask needed to cover the number of gaming devices you have. This is old hat from the FreshJR days.
e.g. 192.168.1.24/29 = 192.168.1.24 - 192.168.1.31 is perfect

Removing game accelerator has made so much difference to my network, it seems counter intuitive ( I thought it would improve things having it on as another layer of "boost" ) Since changing this I am getting network max speed over wifi (540 dl instead of 440dl) insane change. Thanks so much. My jaw hit the floor when I ran speedtest.

I bet many people are making this error of having game accelerator on with flex - perhaps it should be mentioned in the notes?

Last edited:
Removing game accelerator has made so much difference to my network, it seems counter intuitive ( I thought it would improve things having it on as another layer of "boost" ) Since changing this I am getting network max speed over wifi (540 dl instead of 440dl) insane change. Thanks so much. My jaw hit the floor when I ran speedtest.

I bet many people are making this error of having game accelerator on with flex - perhaps it should be mentioned in the notes?
I don’t really know that you can explain the increase in performance just by clearing out Gear Accelerator. It was really meant to avoid a display issue in the GUI. But I’m happy to take credit for it.

I don’t really know that you can explain the increase in performance just by clearing out Gear Accelerator. It was really meant to avoid a display issue in the GUI. But I’m happy to take credit for it.
Unless it's the gaming rule I added, these are the only things I have changed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!