What's new

GT-AX6000 bufferbloat results here

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tektonik

New Around Here
Hi to everyone!
Nice to meet you! This is my 1st post. I would really appreciate it if you could share your bufferbloat results from waveform and other sites with the GT-AX6000 as I am thinking of buying it. I'm more interested in the Unloaded result.
Thanks a lot!

buffer.png

Result

Last edited:
The Internet connection itself will have a higher impact on bufferbloat than the choice of a router. For instance anyone using a DOCSIS cablemodem will get an extra 10 ms latency compared to someone on FTTH.

I'm on VDSL 100/10 now but soon I will go to FTTH 300/30. I don't know how the ONT could affect these numbers.
Greece, ISP Cosmote.

Here are the results from my AX6000 that was purchased at the beginning of the year running the latest stock firmware. Bell FTTH in Toronto.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Traditional Qos has a problem in version 388 of the firmware, the download limit is not respected

I'm on VDSL 100/10 now but soon I will go to FTTH 300/30. I don't know how the ONT could affect these numbers.
Greece, ISP Cosmote.
FTTH typically has very good latency.

DSL latency would depend on whether you were on interleaved or fastpath.

Sonic 10GbE Fiber. I ran it several times, and it always gave me that warning icon on low-latency gaming. I don't game, so I'm not concerned about it.
2023-01-13 11_15_17-Bufferbloat and Internet Speed Test - Waveform.jpg

And I don't know why it shows a lower upload speed; maybe Waveform uses some loading system to test for buffer bloat.

2023-01-13 11_20_14-Speedtest.jpg

Hi to everyone!
Nice to meet you! This is my 1st post. I would really appreciate it if you could share your bufferbloat results from waveform and other sites with the GT-AX6000 as I am thinking of buying it. I'm more interested in the Unloaded result.
Thanks a lot!
My bufferbloat rating is C.

Unloaded is 12ms (11ms is the lowest ping I can ever get due to my ISP)

Downloading 40ms
Uploading 100ms

However....

If I ping on another machine whilst one is downloading, it's still only 11ms.

The same is true if I also have another machine tormenting as well.

Therefore, I don't trust these bufferbloat test sites.

Router = AX92u (QoS disabled).

The gamers in our house always get rock solid pings in the low 20's, even if others in the house are maxing out the downloads.

I would know if we suffered a real bufferbloat problem.

With our old router, there was constant arguments about pings, downloading and people lagging the connection.

All that stopped after we upgraded to the Asus.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!